Grocery shopping

Chapter 44

Saturday, 12:00 pm

In the grocery store

Danny's POV

Dad: Daniel Dean, I'm not gonna tell you again.

Danny: I'm not even doing anything, this time.

Dad: Then who keeps huffing and puffing like that?

It's Krissy, because Uncle Sam said she couldn't have her keys back until she's ungrounded.

Danny: It's literally Krissy. And it doesn't even sound like me.

Krissy: Snitch.

Dad: Cut the attitude, Krissy. You know why you can't have your keys. You're grounded. If you don't want more time being grounded, you're gonna cut that damn attitude. Ok?

Krissy: Literally fuck off.

Dad: Ok. I've had enough of this. He says while grabbing Krissy by the arm, taking her towards the bathroom.

Krissy: Let me go. She whisper yells at Dad.

Dad: I'll let you go when I'm done handling your attitude. He whispers back.

Emily and I keep following Uncle Sam, who keeps getting distracted by random things that we don't need.

Uncle Sam: Look at this. He says while pointing at some nerd thing.

Danny: Are you drunk or something?

Uncle Sam: Why would I be drunk in the grocery store?

Danny: I don't know. But you're starting to piss me off. Stopping at every little thing you see.

Uncle Sam: Am I not allowed to have interests?

Emily: You just told Danny to hurry up, for looking at the dinosaur toys.

Uncle Sam: That's different.

Danny: How? How exactly is that different from us telling you to keep walking?

Uncle Sam: Because-

Emily: If you say it's because you're the adult here, we're both gonna jump you.

Uncle Sam: It's because we're in a rush. He says as he keeps walking.

Danny: If we're in a rush, then why do you keep stopping and looking at stuff? We'd have a lot more time if you didn't do keep doing that.

Emily: We'd also have a lot more time, if we didn't have a basket filled to the brim. What more do we possibly need?

Uncle Sam: Another basket, probably. We're not nearly done yet.

Danny: What do you mean "We're not nearly done yet"?

Uncle Sam: I mean we still have some shopping to do. We're not gonna be done for a while.