Faking sick

Chapter 16

Wednesday, 6:00 am

In the bunker

Krissy's POV

I'm in my room, about to get a hammer for that fucking alarm.

Dean: If I can hear the alarm from all the way across the hall, I know you can hear it in here. He says as he gets to my room.

Krissy: You're lucky I don't throw it at you.

Dean: I just woke up. What'd I already do to piss you off?

Krissy: Make me wake up this early for school. It's 6 am, Dean. Nobody wants to be awake right now. It's the ass crack of dawn.

I don't like being awake at the ass crack of down. It's pointless and stupid. Why can't school start at a better time? Like noon?

Dean: That's not even my fault. The school wants you to be awake at this time. Not me. If it was up to me, you'd go to school at a better time. Like noon, or something like that.

Krissy: Why do we even have to go to school every day? Why can't we just miss one day? Just one? We never miss school. It wouldn't hurt anything.

Dean: I can't just let you miss school, just because you don't wanna go. If you were sick, maybe, but not just because you don't feel like going.

Then what if I pretended to be sick? He'd believe it, right? If I pretended well enough, he'd believe I was actually sick, and he wouldn't make me go. Right? Right.

Krissy: I think I am sick.

Dean: Don't lie just because you don't wanna go to school.

Krissy: I'm not lying.

Dean: You're not sick, Krissy. You just have allergies.

Krissy: I have allergies, so that means I can't get sick?

Dean: No. I just know you're trying to use your allergies to pretend to be sick, to get out of school. I've played this game before, Kid.

Krissy: But I really do think I'm sick, Dean.

Dean: Fine. Come here.

I don't like when they say "Come here" and then start walking to me. How the fuck do you want me to "Come here" if you're already coming to me? Whatever. Once he gets to me, he feels my forehead with the back of his hand, and makes a face at me. I don't know if the face is good or not.

Krissy: What?

Dean: You might be right.

I am?

Krissy: I told you.

Dean: You're burning up. I think you have a fever. Stay here. I'll be right back.

I nod and he leaves my room, heading in the direction of the infirmary. Why's he going to the infirmary? What's he need from in there that relates to me having a fever? Ohhh. Probably the thermometer. Once he comes back, he brings the thermometer to me and makes me hold it under my tongue.