33 - the grateful moment

It's been a year since the accident happened. They're living a peaceful life. Despite of being busy everyday, they managed to spare quality time together. Jay has stopped his career as an actor and continues with a career under his dad's company.

Everything is going well as they imagine.

Although life can be tough for both of them, there always have some peaceful moments that would slip in the tough moments.

◇◇

"There always be something to replace your alcoholic addiction. But first, you have to fix your surroundings." Eunsoo placed the paper she held on the table.

"You're still young to make a lot of mistakes. It is not too late to change something new."

she smiles to the patient, "I believe in you, Mrs Cha. You will get a better life someday."

"I will try, Dr Shin. I will keep your words." The patient politely responds.

Eunsoo looked at the watch on her wrist,
"Our session has ended. I'm having a great time with you. I hope I can see your improvement on the next session, Mrs Cha."

"Thank you, Dr Shin. I really appreciate your help and I will try to change myself."

Eunsoo nodded before tidying up her table.

"By any chance,"

"Are you pregnant, Dr? I see your tiny bump." The patient awkwardly chuckles as she mentioned the baby bump on Eunsoo's.

"Yes, I'm currently in 5 months of pregnancy." Eunsoo caressed her tiny tummy as she smiles to the patient.

"Congratulations! I'm so happy for you."

"Thank you, Mrs Cha."

◇◇

Eunsoo was reading a book while leaning on the bed and stopped when she saw Jay was drying up his hair with a small towel.

Jay smiled at her before jumping on the bed,
"How's work today, darling?" he pulled her into a cuddle.

"It's was alright. A bit tired, maybe because I carried a baby." She closed the book before resting her head on his chest.

"Really? i think you should work half a day? It will not be tiring for you."

"I'll think—wait."

"What's wrong?" Jay asked in concern.

Eunsoo hissed in pain, "The baby is kicking."

Jay immediately went to touch her tummy and felt the little kick,
"How are you doing, my baby?"

He brings his ear closer to her tummy before placing his head near to the bump.
"Are you excited to hear daddy's voice again?" he was surprised as they received a kick again.

"Don't always kick mummy, hm?"

"We are more than excited to welcome you to the world." Jay spoke in low and gentle tone as he kissed her tummy.

Eunsoo gently brushed his hair,

"Jay.."

"Yes?"

"I want to eat strawberry cake with banana on top of the cake." she mumbles with teary eyes.

Jay saw her eyes, "Love, why are you crying?"

"It must be so nice to have the cake."

Jay pulled her into a hug, "Where to find a cake at this time?"

He pulled away to see her sobbing,
"How about I'll cook you pasta? or rice kimchi, your favourite?"

"I want something sweet that comes out with strawberries and bananas." Eunsoo mumbling in tears.

"Okay, okay. I'm going to find at any convenience store."

She nodded as she held his hand.

Jay raised a brow, "Do you want to follow me?"

"I'm afraid you'll be tired." he brushes her hair softly.

"I want to walk with you." Eunsoo answers.
Jay gave in as he couldn't resist her cuteness and finally agreed with her.

◇◇

Eunsoo held Jay's hand and swung his hand from the front to the back while eating her strawberry ice cream. Jay adored her beauty as she got brain freeze for the moment.

"This is the last time you can eat ice cream." Jay warned her as she nods her head innocently. They walked around as they were greeted by a cold and windy atmosphere.

He leads her to a bench near a playground.
"Do you really like the cardigan I made?" He points out the clothes she wore.

"Yes, it's really comfortable."

Jay smile to the statement.

"Jay, do you want a boy or a girl?" She asks the question out of nowhere.

"I want a girl so that she will duplicate your beauty face."

Eunsoo playfully rolls her eyes,

"Boy is fine but surely you will feel lonely because i'm going to take him to everywhere. I will bond a father-son relationship." Jay response as he caressed her tummy gently.

she scoffs, "I'm surely will. I like to having a girl baby. She will become my bestfriend,"

"we will doing makeup over together."

"Dressing up with dresses."

"Cooking and baking together."

Jay listen to her and smile upon the dreams she wants to have.
"The cooking part should add me too."

Eunsoo chuckles before bringing his arm and wrapping around her shoulder,

"And also, I don't want her to face what I did when I was young."

Jay took her hand and kissed it.
"You will be an amazing mother, darling."

"I know." Eunsoo said confidently.

He kissed her forehead and smiles.

"Jay,"

he hummed as a response and continued caressing her hand.

"Will you still love me if I'm no longer beautiful?"

"Even if I'm becoming fat?"

Jay averting his eyes to his wife,
"Why do you ask nonsenses?"

Eunsoo pouts her lips before gazing at her lap.

"I keep eating and I think I have gained weight. I will look fat and you will stay good looking to people."

Jay turn his body to her,
"Love, you will always be beautiful in my eyes."

"Stop saying nonsenses and just be yourself. You can do anything you want as long as you're happy."

Jay cupped her cheeks, "Let's just hope that you will stay healthy and our baby too."

He leaned closer and gave two pecks on her lips causing her to smile.

"My world would be meaningless without you." Jay spoke.