11 - fate

"What!" Jay and I said in unison.

"No, no. I can't accept this punishment. It's just a small matter. Marriage is not a toy" Jay immediately shook his head and begging his parents to stop this.

"No, it's not a small matter. This will be something you both can learn of after being careless" Mrs Park said and there they were, my parents came.

"We just met and we're literally strangers" I said as my eyes glued at Mr Park who was holding a few pieces of paper.

"According to your data, Jay and you were in the same school and were friends" My eyes widened as Mr Park got everything correct about my data. "We was. We were apart since I moved out so I assumed we are no longer related anymore" Jay added.

I scoffed, "Even before you moved, we are not even friends" I said making Jay looked at me with his eyebrow lift up. "Excuse me. We were friends"

"Oh, now you finally admit that we used to be friends?" I said in disbelief. As Jay and I started bickering, our parents looked at us in disappointment. They were just want a simple and calm conversation but we got into an argument.

"Wow. You never learn how to move on, aren't you?"

"I can't believe you didn't feel any guilty" I said as a response under his statement.

"Kids.."

"Who do you think I am to feel guilty for you?" He asked me making me annoyed.

"Selfish jerk. Always thinking about himself" I said as I rolled my eyes.

"Kids" Mrs Park called us.

Jay scoffed, "You're calling me that as if you really knew me"

"Kids!" She yelled making us stop.

"Can you stop bickering? Where's your respect to us? Please, we are in a meeting to solve your rumours. We did it to make your name free from the rumours" Mrs Park held her patience as she said to us.

Mr Shin cleared his throat before saying, "I hope you both will agree since it's the best for both of you"

"It's just a small rumours" I said causing my dad turned to me.

"What if either both of you suddenly being careless again?" Mr Park seems to agree with my dad so he nodded his head.

"For your information, we already be friends for long time ago so we will try our best to make you both to reconnect again" Mr Park suggested. "And I bet it's not wrong though for both of you to get marry since you already know each other" My mom turned to me and smiled.

"It is wrong. We hate each other. How should we face each other everyday?" I commented.

"You both will get used to it, dear. This marriage will end in 3 months" Mrs Park said in calm as if marriage is a easy responsibility.

"Give me a time to think. A space of discussion with my parents for a moment will be good" I suggested making the others nodded.

"Sweetie, you're a grown woman now. You're old enough to get marry--" I cut off Mrs Shin.

"I'm adult and old enough to make my own decisions" My mom looked at me in surprise. "You should at least grant our wish, Eunsoo" Mr Shin commented making my blood boiled.

"I did. For all these years I existed, I always granted your wish. Do whatever you want me to do."

"Never do I ever not listen to you"

"Does it not enough?"

"Does that not make you satisfied?"

"Tell me, how much longer do I need to be controlled?"

"I studied hard and be a successful woman like you both want me to be"

"I repeat. Does that not make satisfied with my achievement?" I said as tears started escaping from my eyes.

"Now. Is this arrange marriage will be your last wish, mom dad?" I asked. I could see guilty on my parents' eyes. My mom come closer to me and was about to hold my hand but I slightly pulled away.

"If I agree with this, will you stop controlling my life?" I wiped my tears as it couldn't stop escaping.

"Honey, we're really sorry. We only think the best for you. Maybe marriage could make your life better?" My dad said as he held my shoulders.

"You want me to accept this marriage?" They doesn't reply anything, look guilty on me instead.

"Alright. If this make you happy, then I'll do it" My mom smile at me before pulling me into a hug. "I'm sorry for not realising all these years, dear. I'm sorry" My mom broke into tears as my dad joined the hug also.

An apology was all I wanted. I don't care if they doesn't give me attention. I just want an apology.

◇◇

A month later

"Honey, I think you should choose this dress" Mrs Shin suggested as she show a few of wedding dresses to me. "I'm okay with whatever you think it's suitable for me" I said before I stood up and excuse myself. I went to the toilet and looked myself into the mirror.

"No, don't cry now" I said to myself before forcing myself to not cry. My eyes were swollen so bad and I need to not cry at least for a day. "When will I get my happy ending?"

My dream was to have a wonderful and memorable wedding. I want to be happy on that day where I become a wife to someone. It seems like I don't deserve to be happy. I decided to swiped all the thoughts away before rushed out from the toilet and went back to the boutique again.

"Crying?" A man voice spoke up. I didn't turned as I knew it's Jay. "It's all your fault, Jay. Look what it led us to" Jay went closer to me before moving to my ear.

"Accept the fate, Shin Eunsoo." He whispered right next to my ear. I didn't react to it making he amazed.

"Goodluck of facing this for 3 months"

I scoffed before mumbling, "It's just 3 months"

"And I'll make sure to make you feel like 3 years"