13 - the start

I walked around the Jay's mansion and was amazed by how big and tidy the house were. Jay approached me from behind, "There's some rules you have to know." I'm waiting for him to continue.

"First. Of course we're going to sleep in a different room"

"Second. You can't let your feet step into my room and my office"

"Third. You have to cook meal by yourself"

"Fourth. I want we to act as we have nothing to do with each other. Consider us as housemates not a married couple"

"Fifth. I want you to pull yourself to the act. We're going to act like a married couple in front of everyone except our parents and your close friends"

"Sixth. Ask for my permission if you want to hang out with your friends"

I scoffed, "Why do I need to follow the rules?"

"Because I said so" he replied shortly.

Jay was about to walk away but turned around again.

"You have to sleep on the sofa tonight since you made a mistake at the wedding" I widened my eyes as I'm feeling unfair.

"Jay, I'm tired. I also deserve to sleep on a soft bed" I said as I looked at him with poor eyes even I knew he will never fell for it. He bend down his body to my height and pouted his lips before speak, "Do I look like I'm care?"

I looked at him in disbelief. Jay stood up straight before put his hand on his waist, "I told you to not return my kiss but you did. Take this as a punishment" I rolled my eyes as I held my luggage to bring it to the living room. As I was about to walk, my luggage got pulled making me backed a bit. "You can go to your room first and change your clothes before sleeping on the sofa"

I obeyed his words to avoid him from nagging anything else. I was surprised to see how big my room were. I started unpacking my stuff and arrange them nicely. While I was putting my stuff on the table, I opened the drawer and saw a picture of Jay in a Polaroid at the park.

I examined the Polaroid and saw a girl behind him. I suddenly felt suspicious, "The sweatshirt she wore look exactly like mine"

Before I could continue zooming my eyes on the girl, a hand snatched the Polaroid away.

"Where did you find it?" Jay asked me curiously.

"Are you looking for it?" I asked him back.

"Answer me first" he said.

"I found it in the drawer" I replied calmly causing him to sigh. "Is this at the national park near to our neighbourhood?" I asked him.

"You don't need to know" Jay said before giving me a blanket and pillows for me. "Take this" He said and left my room and let the door open. I got annoyed and slammed the door before changing my clothes.

◇◇

I woke up due of the smell in the kitchen. I slowly remove my blanket and walked to the kitchen. I saw Jay was enjoying his meal on the table. The meals look so good but it looks like it was only for a person.

"Did you cook all by yourself?" I asked him before taking a seat in front of him.

He hummed as a response. "I bet you can cook because I cooked this for myself only"

"I forgot that you existed" He calmly said before continue eating again without looking at me. I scoffed as I heard it. "Well, I didn't even want to taste your food. Who knows it could be terrible?"