Ch 121

If Zachary's true intentions were in consideration of Bianca, there was still an unresolved issue. Bianca struggled to counter with a trembling voice.

"Fine, if that's your will, then there's no need for contraceptives. You said you didn't want to send me back. So, after all, you need a successor..."

"You're young!"

Zachary raised his voice as if it was ridiculous at Bianca's words. He seemed unyielding, as if there was no room to even consider it.

"I couldn't control my greed, and I slept with you, but you're still young... I can't get you pregnant now. Do you know how many women lose their lives giving birth?"

Bianca couldn't hide her confusion as she looked at Zachary, who commented as if it was terrible just to think about it.

Seriously... for this reason? Just because I might die in childbirth...?

Her head felt confused by a reason she had never thought of before. Bianca's hand, which was tightly holding onto Zachary's arm, slowly loosened. Bianca staggered backward. Zachary quickly grabbed Bianca's arm in a precarious gesture as if she was about to fall to the ground.

The atmosphere, which had been at its peak, temporarily entered a state of calm. Zachary spoke softly to convince Bianca once again.

"There's no reason to have children before it's time. As originally planned, it's enough to prepare after turning 18. Two months. You just have to wait for two months. Why are you so anxious?"

"......"

"You're not going to tell me again this time?"

Zachary laughed bitterly. Bianca noticed that Zachary's "again this time" referred to what Bianca had intentionally hidden about her conversation with the Archbishop in the capital last time.

Bianca remained silent. There was nothing she could say. Her head felt like it was about to break, and her eyes hurt. As if she was tired enough to cry...

She realized it was a futile deception to think that Zachary might not consider her his wife. Zachary was actually only concerned about Bianca...

However, that didn't solve all their problems. Thinking about the future made it even more difficult.

"The freedom she will gain by dying is meaningless..."

Bianca wanted to immediately cancel Zachary's will and ask him to stop using contraceptive methods, no matter the risk of pregnancy. However, with such a strong stance, it was obvious that Zachary wouldn't easily accede to Bianca's request.

"How do I convince him?"

Bianca closed her mouth and shook her head.

However, like pulling tangled threads, thoughts rarely resolved themselves.

As he accepted her silence, Zachary's impulse quickly changed.

"I guess not."

His gentle attempt to convince Bianca was nowhere to be seen, and his questioning voice seemed even threatening.

Startled, Bianca lifted her head and looked at Zachary. His black eyes burned like smoldering embers.

"Am I an unreliable man to you?"

Zachary seemed like he was going mad. Bianca's inability to believe in his truth, coupled with the fact that she was hiding something from him, cornered Zachary more than he had expected.

"What the hell made you think I would abandon you? That I would send you back...?"

As he thought about that, he felt like he was going to die of frustration.