Ch.88

The preliminary round continued until the second day. All participants from the Arno family had their preliminary round on the first day, so Bianca never had any intention of going on the second day in the first place. On the third day, among those who passed the preliminary round, the winners for the final were selected. Bianca also spent the third day in the dormitory at Zachary's request.

Bianca arranged the lace calmly. Initially, it was only meant to be given to the 1st Princess, the Crown Princess, and the Queen, but the 2nd and 3rd Princesses were overlooked.

Although they were young, they were members of the royal family and the only daughters of the current queen. Bianca, feeling uneasy about leaving them out, started weaving lace handkerchiefs from time to time, and now their completion was just around the corner.

Yvonne waited by Bianca's side all day, but unlike usual when she couldn't even be distinguished from the furniture, she was particularly restless.

The reason was obvious.

Bianca asked, keeping her eyes fixed on the lace.

"Why don't you go and see if you're so worried?"

"How can I leave when Madam is here?"

"What's the problem? I'll stay in the room the whole time... You seem curious to see how Sir Gaspard fared."

"Oh, I'm not curious. I like being with you."

Yvonne stubbornly shook her head. She said she wasn't curious, but her eyes slowly turned towards the door, and her legs trembled.

Bianca moistened her lips and let out a smile. Instead of asking further questions, Bianca pretended not to know and adjusted to Yvonne's pace.

"Is that so? Then did you give him an answer?"

"A-a-answer? What answer?"

Yvonne's eyes trembled. Instead of stuttering until the end, it seemed like she bumped into Gaspard and ran away.

Seeing Yvonne, who unexpectedly lost her composure, Bianca smiled and placed the lace frame she had been focused on for a long time on her knees.

Bianca stared at her, and Yvonne's expression changed back and forth as if she was even more embarrassed. There were countless ways to tease Yvonne, but Bianca didn't want to do that. When Gaspard gave a rose to Yvonne, she picked it up, and what she said became a boomerang that came back to her. Bianca comforted Yvonne with a modest compliment.

"Sir Gaspard is a decent man... But you don't have to let yourself be influenced. Do what you want. Because I'm behind you."

"Madam..."

Yvonne let out her words as if she was moved. Her eyes were so bright that if the room were dark, they could have floated like lights.

Although Bianca said that, Yvonne didn't seem to dislike Gaspard. She just seemed confused because she never thought it would happen to her.

Now that she thought about it, Gaspard continued to look after Yvonne.

At first, his treatment of even Bianca's maid was considered quite chivalrous, but his kindness was solely due to his sympathy for Yvonne.

Gaspard came from a knightly family, and he even liked Yvonne, so it wasn't a bad match. They would probably live a good life.

Gaspard was a tenacious man who never backed down from what he said. Since he lacked the ability to speak, his public confession meant that he genuinely liked Yvonne.