Ch.57

The luggage was loaded onto the carriage to a certain extent, and now it was time to leave.

Yvonne, who made sure that all of Bianca's belongings were loaded, went to Bianca's room to arrange the things Bianca would take in the carriage and her clothing.

Although it's spring, it's still cold. Bianca, who is delicate, feels very cold, so she had to bring a blanket to cover herself in the carriage and a cushion to support her back.

When Yvonne entered the room, Bianca greeted her.

"Have you packed all your belongings?"

"Yes. I made sure nothing was missing. Ginger is good for motion sickness, so I packed some just in case."

"No, your luggage."

Yvonne's face turned red at Bianca's harsh words. Yvonne, who was still not used to being taken care of by Bianca, felt a flutter in the corner of her heart every time it happened.

Yvonne's luggage was so small that there was nothing to do but pack everything. A few items of clothing and a hair ribbon that she cherished were enough to fit in a single package. Yvonne replied, looking at the bag she had prepared in the corner of Bianca's room.

"I don't have much luggage... I already packed everything."

"If something is missing, just let me know. Because what my servant wears is also related to my dignity. Especially in the capital. Do you know what that means?"

"Yes, Madam."

Yvonne was also aware of the nerve-wracking battles among the noblewomen. They would even go as far as hiring handsome men to show off to others. Still, the maids that the noblewomen kept by their side were often the daughters of nannies who had been with them for a long time, like breastfeeding companions. Yvonne was more than happy that Bianca had ensured she was in such a position by caring about her attire.

Yvonne's favorite hair ribbon was made from the leftover fabric from Bianca's clothing. Other ladies would shudder at the thought of sharing the same fabric as the servant, so even if the fabric remained, the servant was not allowed to use it, and it was customary for the servant to not pay attention to the remaining fabric. But Bianca gladly allowed Yvonne to use the rest of the fabric to make what she needed.

The scrap of fabric Yvonne received was enough to use on the sleeves and skirts of her clothing, but it was simply ridiculous to add brightly colored, precious fabric to the plain gray fabric. Instead, Yvonne cut the fabric Bianca had given her and made several ribbons, which she shared with the maids in the same room. Because she already had the gray squirrel fur that Bianca had given her, and the other servants would be happier serving Bianca. Just as Yvonne intended, everyone in the room rejoiced and agreed that the lady was generous.

Since Bianca took care of her like this, she had no regrets about that decision. Yvonne quickly wiped away the tears with her fingertips and then took Bianca's cloak.

While Bianca was being attended to by Yvonne and applying her final makeup before leaving, a group of maids came to visit Bianca.

"Madam, you called?"

"Oh yes. Come closer."

Bianca beckoned to the maids, allowing Yvonne to tie the ribbon on her coat. With an embroidered white cloak, Bianca looked like a fairy from the lake. With a more noble appearance than usual, the maids bowed their heads and stood in front of Bianca.

The maids Bianca called were the ones who had learned lace-making with her. The young women, whom Bianca had summoned through Vincent, had made lace with Bianca during the past winter. Michelle, the dark-haired maid who rushed in after seeing Bianca, was one of them.

At first, they were forced to gather by Vincent's order, but when they saw the lace made by Bianca, they became motivated. As white as snow, as soft as flowers, and as colorful as ornaments, it was nothing short of a woman's dream.

The maids respected Bianca for having such good skills. Until then, she was just a luxurious lady, but now she has become a lady with a noble taste and a lot of knowledge.

When Bianca offered to teach them lace-making, they were astonished. They couldn't believe that she was willing to share this precious technique with them. It was because it was a skill that anyone would have been willing to pay to be taught. As long as you learn how to make this "lace," you'll have money to play and eat for the rest of your life. Unlike the hesitant gathering, they all shone with enthusiasm.

As the maids changed favorably, the foundation for the lace business was easily built. They worked hard to learn lace-making, which allowed Bianca to head to the capital with many lace handkerchiefs. By the time Bianca returns from the capital with an order list, there should be many things made.

Although Bianca knew how to make lace, she couldn't handle the entire quantity alone, and Bianca herself couldn't immerse herself in embroidery or weaving for a long time. After completing one, she didn't touch the frame for several months. Therefore, it was right to use labor that could be useful.

There was doubt whether the maids would leak the technology elsewhere, but first of all, they were bound servants, and Vincent would manage it strictly, so it was fine for the moment.

Since it was a technology that would be discovered elsewhere within the next 15 years anyway, Bianca thought that using the lace to raise money and using it politically at this time was enough.

After all, it was not wrong to try to properly educate them. Bianca handed the parchment she had set aside to the head maid.

"I will go to the royal palace. There is a pattern here, so study it and try to make it."

"Will we be able to do it without the lady's guidance...?"

The maids nervously rolled their eyes. Bianca chuckled. It was because they knew they were just giving face to Bianca.

"I believe in your abilities. You are more skilled than me, so you will master it immediately."

"The lady is more skilled. That's nonsense. We wouldn't have even thought of lace if it weren't for the lady."

Bianca mocked the respectful response of the maids. Because she wasn't skilled enough to create lace. But it was impossible to explain that. Bianca cleared her throat and spoke calmly.

"You don't have to be so humble. After completing this latest pattern, you will have become familiar with various patterns to some extent. After that, try making new patterns. I will give a great reward to the one who creates the most beautiful patterns and lace. I informed Vincent about the thread and fabric, so you will get all the support you need."

The maids' eyes gleamed at the mention of a great reward. Although strict, Bianca was not a stingy host when it came to giving. It was a famous anecdote among the maids that she gifted her maid, Yvonne, a gray squirrel fur for no reason at all. If she says it will be a great reward, it should be a huge one.

"Just trust us, madam. We will do our best to meet your expectations."

"I hope you live up to my expectations."

"Don't worry."

The maids repeated their promises to Bianca with determined expressions. The maids who left Bianca's room boasted loudly that they would win the prize.

They could improve their skills, create beautiful things, and if they did well, they could earn a reward. It was perfect.

A Marriage of Convenience /The Marriage Business जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें