Ch.41

Bianca had no idea that Sauveur would feel embarrassed. She casually looked around the stable. All the horses in front of her were very large. Bianca commanded, lifting her chin.

"Choose one."

"W-Wait a moment. Does Madam want to ride a horse?"

Sauveur asked again, confused. It went against etiquette, but no one pointed it out. It was because Sauveur wasn't the only one perplexed by this situation.

"Do you know how to ride a horse, Madam?"

Yvonne asked, with her eyes wide open, and Gaspard frowned.

Bianca's face blushed as Yvonne, Gaspard, and Sauveur looked at her with a mixture of confusion and doubt.

Bianca herself knew that she wasn't an active person, but this was too much. Bianca coughed loudly. Then she cleared her throat and responded solemnly.

"I will learn from now on."

"Oh no, why all of a sudden? Madam also has a carriage. No, you don't even go out in the first place."

In the face of Bianca's calm attitude, Sauveur began to babble, forgetting his manners.

Everything he said was true, probably because he had just decided it, but to be honest, it was quite rude to say it out loud in front of her.

Yvonne's eyes narrowed in a triangle at Sauveur's attitude. Whether Sauveur was a knight or a vassal, she intended to scold him if Bianca showed any signs of discomfort.

But Bianca shrugged as if she didn't care. It was impolite, but not to the point of being rude.

Sauveur didn't blame Bianca by spinning around like Vincent, nor did he try to insult Bianca with other intentions. It was easy to see that it was a comment he blurted out without thinking.

Bianca said in a monotone voice, as if reciting tonight's menu.

"Well, you never know what will happen. There's nothing wrong with learning, right?"

"It's dangerous, Madam."

Yvonne anxiously dissuaded her. Gaspard also didn't seem to agree, as his lips were tight.

There are many noble ladies who learn to ride horses, so she couldn't understand why she couldn't do it.

Bianca's lips curved.

Of course, even if they said no, Bianca had no intention of listening. They had no right to stop her.

Seeing the anxious and worried faces of Yvonne and Gaspard, Sauveur realized that Bianca's words about riding a horse were not just passing remarks. He swallowed hard, but his voice trembled and he stammered. Sauveur struggled to ask the question again.

"D-Do you really want to ride a horse?"

"I'm not talking nonsense. Well, I'm thinking of giving it up if it doesn't suit my physical aptitude."

Mocking Sauveur's trembling heart, Bianca responded sarcastically. She didn't have the guts to waste time doing things that shouldn't be done. That being said, there was no reason not to start. It's better to try and give up than to regret not having done it. At least in the future, she wouldn't cling to an unpleasant regret.

But things weren't as simple as Bianca thought. Sauveur's head spun and spun. Bianca didn't seem very athletic. She was very weak. Everyone in Arno Castle knew that Bianca had been locked in her room for nearly ten years.

Walking was her greatest exercise, so she didn't know what would happen if she suddenly rode a horse. It would be the same no matter how gentle the horse Sauveur chose.