Ch.62

Even after passing through the first gate of the fortress, the group had to go through three more gates. The Lahoz palace rose like a tower, and the three-layered citadel protected it firmly.

Bianca, who had been hiding in the carriage while traversing the forest, couldn't help but observe the capital. Bianca gently pulled back the curtain of the window and looked outside through the gap.

The closer they got to the palace, the more colorful the clothing of those wandering the streets became. As the capital city, the guilds were active, and there were many wealthy people, so even commoners dressed in clothes that were indistinguishable from those of the nobles.

Everyone had an impatient attitude, as if they were living a busy daily life. Even their walking was brisk. If they were commoners on the estate, they would have been mesmerized by the splendid procession of nobles, but for them, whether it was normal or not, they simply passed by.

However, when some of them saw the banners of their procession, their eyes widened, and they began shouting loudly.

"Arno! It's the crest of the Arno family!"

"The Iron Blood Count! The god of battle, the undefeated knight!"

"Count Arno! Look this way!"

Taken aback by the people's reaction, Bianca unconsciously withdrew. Yvonne, who was in the carriage with her, smiled slightly.

"Because the Count is the hero of Sevran. Without him, the people here wouldn't have been able to lead such a peaceful life."

"......"

Everyone's eyes were on the front of the procession, on Zachary. Familiar to them, Zachary rode his horse without hesitation. His silver-gray hair shimmered in the sunlight, his black cape fluttered in the spring breeze, and his unwavering expression even seemed noble. To Bianca, Zachary was always just a husband who emptied his inheritance, but to others, he was a hero. The gap was unfamiliar.

To be honest, what makes all this new is that Bianca simply wasn't interested in Zachary.

Only in Zachary?

She wasn't very interested in the state of the kingdom either. She only knew that Zachary had been fighting against the Kingdom of Aragon, but she had no idea why the Kingdom of Aragon invaded Sevran or what interests were intertwined.

Until Zachary died in the war.

After being expelled from the Arno family, seeking to make a living and hearing all sorts of stories, Bianca learned that the wars that had been fought were the result of the succession relationship within the Sevran royal family.

The current king regarded Gautier, the first prince, as the next king, but Jacob, the second prince, did not relinquish the throne. He was an ambitious and insidious man. He secretly cooperated with the Kingdom of Aragon, which had a hostile relationship with Sevran, and shook the kingdom of Sevran, becoming a hero during the turbulent times and devising a plan to deal with Gautier amid the war.

Most of the nobles on Prince Gautier's side came from government officials, and none of them were war experts. In comparison, Jacob was so skilled in combat that he won several fights with spears. Jacob thought that if he went to war and subdued Aragon, the king would judge him again.

But Jacob's confident desire to become a war hero was shattered. Because Zachary appeared like a comet.

Zachary, who suddenly appeared, emerged victorious time and time again and was granted the title of baron for his great achievement in the war. The title of war hero was bestowed upon Zachary, not Jacob.