Ch 101

Suddenly, the maid she had placed in front of her turned into a snake aiming at her husband, not a pitiful victim.

Furthermore, Zachary's reaction strengthened Bianca's words. Although he remained silent, his gaze, as cold as a sword, looking at Ante, seemed to want to cut her at any moment.

Those who realized how things were going fueled the gossip. Men who thought of Ante as a pitiful person averted their gaze pretending not to know, and the eyes of all the women shone brightly.

Celine's complexion darkened when she realized the gravity of the situation only later. If that were the case, it wouldn't be Bianca's reputation that would be ruined, but hers.

Public opinion flowed in the way Bianca desired. But without easily showing her joy, Bianca remained silent.

"Furthermore, speaking lightly about internal affairs of your former territory... It doesn't seem very smart to have such a frivolous person as a confidante, Countess Davoville."

Bianca told Catherine, completely ignoring Celine. She had no ill feelings towards Catherine at all.

It was simply frustrating that she had no eyes for choosing people, like Ante, who didn't know how high the sky was, and instead was used as a shield by people like the young viscountess.

Bianca was not good at having people around her, so she was not in a position to give advice. To be honest, she wasn't very good at managing maids. But was there anyone else but her who could speak bitterly to the Countess of Davoville? That must be why she had become what she is now. Bianca, who had decided to carry the flag herself, didn't hesitate to complain.

"To get a good maid, it's important to find out why she left her previous job. Especially if you have such a maid by your side. And how about considering the dignity of those you associate with? I hope you don't lower your reputation by hanging out with arrogant people who are swayed by rumors. I'm well aware that the Countess of Davoville is a thoughtful woman."

With each dry word from Bianca, Catherine's head bowed deeper. Her face was as red as her hair.

Bianca looked at the Count of Davoville sitting next to Catherine. His pure white face was filled with joy. His curved eyes seemed inwardly pleased with the current situation.

That was definitely strange. That his wife would listen to what another woman said, in the banquet hall, somehow related to the honor of the family. And yet, she seemed so happy... Something was going on, and Bianca's forehead wrinkled slightly.

But that was something between the Count of Davoville and his wife.

Bianca calmed her nerves.

The relationship between the Counts of Davoville was as famous as that of Zachary and Bianca. As far as Bianca, who didn't care about other people's affairs, knew.

The Count of Davoville was a resident son-in-law. The Davoville family was a prestigious family, comparable to the Blanchefort family. It is said that women can also inherit the family, but Catherine, the only daughter of the family, was shy, and if she were to inherit the Davoville family, the family would soon collapse. So, the resident son-in-law who was chosen and brought in by the former Count of Davoville became the current Count of Davoville.

As if the former Count of Davoville had not made a mistake, he did his job very well. Even in an era when the sword was mightier than the pen, he wielded such influential power as an official that he became another pillar of the First Prince's faction. If Zachary is the Iron Blood Knight, then Count Davoville, who was famous for his wit, was called "The Serpent's Tongue."