Ch.81

Fernand, who sang while playing the lute, was much younger than Bianca remembered. The way he smiled gently while singing to a noble lady overlapped with the sarcastic image he gave Bianca after being expelled from Arno.

Fernand seemed accustomed to being treated kindly when dealing with noble ladies. It was a bit shocking to Bianca. In the past, Fernand would bow his head sadly and say that noble ladies rarely favored him. Bianca reflected on herself as she saw Fernand like this and felt more pity for him. And Fernand desperately dug into the void that Bianca had left.

"I only have Madam. She's the only one in this world who understands and accepts me..."

As he said that, the way he fluttered his long lashes seemed very sorrowful. At that moment, Bianca thought there was something strange about Fernand's attitude, but she sympathized with his pitiful appearance and forgot the feeling of discomfort. How foolishly she was deceived by that blatant lie. To be honest, now that she thinks about it, she can only laugh.

Bianca sighed, leaning her shaky body against the back of the chair. Her head hurt because she felt confused, and her limbs trembled.

"By the way, why the hell is Fernand here?"

Bianca showed skepticism, but rationally, it wasn't unusual for him to be here.

The engagement of Crown Prince Albert was a grand unprecedented ceremony, which is why all the nobles flocked to the capital.

Many minstrels also came, who couldn't pass up this opportunity to be seen by high-ranking people and, hopefully, make a big breakthrough. Fernand must have arrived in the capital with the sweet dream of success.

"All enemies gathered on a shaky wooden bridge..."

Fernand, Viscount Huegh, and even Prince Jacob. It seemed that everyone she held grudges against in her previous life was drawn to this capital city.

Until now, she had managed to control her expression to some extent, but when faced with Fernand, her efforts were overshadowed. The impact of being betrayed by the person she trusted felt more vivid. Bianca, who seemed like she was going to be nauseous, averted her gaze from Fernand and tried to catch her breath.

Although it puzzled her to meet Fernand earlier than in her previous life, now was not the time to show her feelings to Fernand. She should ignore him as much as possible. It was not too late to think about how to get revenge on Fernand in the future.

But when did anything ever turn out as Bianca wished?

As soon as Bianca averted her gaze from Fernand, Fernand, from the other side, approached Bianca.

Almost all of Bianca's assumptions about Fernand were correct. This time, Fernand, who was determined to make a big breakthrough in the capital, was trying to take advantage of the tournament to leave his mark on the noble ladies.

If he secures a sponsor, his life will flourish. Fernand was confident in his looks. Although he wasn't as good-looking as the royal family of Sevran, famous for their attractiveness and beauty, his voice was as good as his beautiful appearance. He would have no trouble seducing one or two foolish noble ladies.

Fernand, who had such a plan, came to the tournament arena with great expectations. Thanks to the viscountess he had met previously, he was able to easily climb up to the stands where the noble ladies were seated. If it weren't for her, he would have been kicked out before even getting there.

Fernand, who ascended the stands, shone like a male peacock. As he played the lute, he looked around, and fortunately, the eyes of the ladies watched him pleasingly. Satisfied, he began to sing.