Chapter 16: Ghostly adventures

(⁠≧⁠▽⁠≦⁠)(⁠⌐⁠■⁠-⁠■⁠) 𝕄𝕖 𝕤𝕡𝕖𝕖𝕕 𝕣𝕦𝕟𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕤  𝕨𝕙𝕚𝕝𝕖 𝕝𝕚𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕥𝕠 𝕊𝕖𝕣𝕧𝕒𝕟𝕥 𝕠𝕗 𝔼𝕧𝕚𝕝 𝕠𝕟 𝕣𝕖𝕡𝕖𝕒𝕥.

"Wake up little ones... Wake up..."

Laos opened his eyes groggily before immediately sitting up. He groaned as he touched his face only to realise that his face got some sort of cracking. He gasped softly before looking at his sister, Cambodia, who was beheaded yet alive?

Wait alive?

It can't be!

Laos panicked. They were definitely ghosts...

"My, my, my... You're awake?" A deity giggled as she made some flower crowns for Cambodia.

"Big brother!" Cambodia squealed as she ran towards her brother. Laos was surprised. Cambodia's head was floating? He then looked at his body and saw his body cracking.

"What in the actual-" Laos panicked. The Deity smiled and ruffled his hair. She introduced herself as Lady Vadia while making Laos a flower crown. Laos blushed slightly as he listened to her. It turned out that she wanted to take the twins as her apprentice, to guide lost souls and so she reviews both of them but as ghosts. Laos grew worried. What if he didn't do a great job? What happened to the others? Is Singa ok?

Lady Vadia smiled she read his thoughts, making Laos blush more and Cambodia laugh uncontrollably.

"Well... Your first task is to help Singapore break free from what seem like an endless void of manipulation... He seemed like he's in pain..." Lady Vadia sighed as she passed both of them a spell book. "This is a catalyst, it allows you to use spells and if you are professional enough... You might have the ability to summon any weapon from your imagination..."

Cambodia and Laos stared at the book in awe before asking way too many questions for the Deity to answer. Lady Vadia giggled at their childishness before calming them down. She then send them to the mortal world so they can complete their first mission.

Now

Laos and Cambodia were roaming the area together and stumbled across a vent.

"Why would there be a vent on a mountain?" Laos asked as Cambodia excitedly announced.

"The better for us to explore!" She laughed as she dragged her brother into the vent. Being ghost, they had no problem fitting into small spaces. Laos noticed soldiers everywhere and quickly asked Cambodia to turn invisible before going out of the vents. They float through the rooms and saw Singapore all chained up. They floated through the door.

Poor city-state, all weak, tortured... As if he was only used for power. Laos opened his catalyst and found a spell that allows him to creat edible things. He attempted it and poof, he made Kaya toast. Cambodia on the other hand, healed the city-state bruises. She looked at her friend worriedly. Singapore no longer had that shine in his eyes.

"C-cambodia? Laos? I-i feel you guys but i-i can't see you..." Singapore looked around weakly, sensing their presence.

"W-well... We're ghosts... We died after the encounter with Soviet and the others..." Laos explained softly and Singapore just nodded despite being surprised.

"N-north Korea never seem to learn..." Singapore grumbled as Laos fed him some Kaya toast. Cambodia cut the chains and managed to free him, before healing his mind.

"Well... We're going to save you! Bru, Myan and Mal is coming... Indo and the rest are rebuilding the house and protecting it..." Cambodia explained as she helped Singapore get up once his strength had been replenished when the alarm for breaching had gone off

**Meanwhile**

Myanmar accidentally triggered the alarm...