Chapter 13: Death of two siblings

༎ຶ⁠‿⁠༎ຶ

"Who's back Brother?" asked Cambodia as she passed him a cup of tea. Laos face was pale. He did not answer.

"Cammy listen to me. Please take good care of yourself!" Laos wept. Cambodia was confused. Why was her brother blabbering such things?.

"Idiot! I'm scared! What's going on!?" Cambodia shivered as she shook her brother, thinking it was some sort of joke. Laos was dead serious and had a monotone expression. He embraced her into a hug, worried that she might get corrupted, just like before.

Cambodia broke into tears. She didn't understand what was going on. She wept and sobbed thinking that her brother was sick or dying. However, she didn't realise that it was her.

Soviet's appearance triggered something deep in Cambodia which only Laos could understand and feel it. Worriedly, Laos called Vietnam, the only country besides him who understood the situation.

"Vivi! Please come here," He begged through the phone call while comforting his weeping sister. Vietnam did not need to be told twice. She quickly cut her conversation with Thailand short and rushed to the siblings house, only to find Cambodia sobbing her eyes out. Who could blame her? Cambodia was too young to understand her mistakes. She had forgotten that. Now she was terrified. Vietnam, being Laos and Cambodia not related sister, she wrapped her arms around them, whispering that everything would be alright. After all, they grew up together.

Flashback

"Mẹ!" Vietnam called as she ran to the kitchen while holding a basket. As representative of the countries usually do not have parents, it was up to the locals to raise them. Ms Minh Nguyen, looked at her adopted daughter running to the kitchen and smiled fondly. Vietnam held out a basket with two babies in it, both being country representative in the future. Ms Minh Nguyen gasped in shock as she cradled the babies in her hands.

"Em lấy chúng từ đâu vậy, em yêu?” She asked as she looked her daughter worriedly. Vietnam technically crossed borders just to have found them in her recent expedition, a.k.a her just roaming everywhere. The French who were colonising the land was very particular to border crossing and would punish anyone who does it. However, Ms Minh Nguyen couldn't let the babies to fend for their own so she took them in and they practically became Vietnam's younger siblings. That's how they met.

After WW2

Vietnam was mature enough to realise that the French was nothing but cowards and declared independence. She followed the communist ideology which as got America involved with the independence process. Things got really messy. Laos who also wanted independence followed his sister's path only to become the most bombed country in the world because of America, trying to push away the communist ideology. Cambodia was watched the war worried, that her land might get involved. Thankfully, the war ended but it cost something dear to them. With all that bombs and war, they lost their mother. Ms Minh Nguyen, a single mother, passed on the age of 85. The siblings missed her dearly, a promised not to attack each other.

However, Khmer Rouge. The corrupted version of Cambodia. Just as the siblings thought it was over, the youngest got corrupted and attacked them. Vietnam and Laos had a grudge in them having to fight the youngest.

"Cammy!! Làm ơn dừng lại! Chúng tôi biết bạn đang ở trong đó! Mẹ sẽ rất buồn! Mẹ không muốn điều này!!" Vietnam sobbed as she held her sister in place. Load was also crying as he tried to snap his sister out of it.

Cammy! ບໍ່ມີການຕໍ່ສູ້ອີກຕໍ່ໄປ! ກະລຸນາ?!" Laos wept as his sister slowly became unconscious due to the sedative. They were grateful that after a few years, the corruption was gone and they could carry on with their lives.

End of flashback

Vietnam held them, close. Not wanting to be separated from them. Sadly, misfortune was brought on them few weeks later.

Soviet managed to corrupt Cambodia again, and the siblings had to fight her again. It was painful but necessary to ensure be peace was never disrupted. China aimed the gun at Vietnam. She couldn't react quickly, thinking it was the end. Much to her dismay, Laos was shot instead as he blocked the bullet from hitting his elder sister. It didn't it hit any vital part but Laos had to do something risky.

"Vietnam! Get out here!!" Laos ordered. Vietnam knew what was going on and protested. "No! STOP IT!"

She was too late. Laos self destructed in order to protect her. The explosion was powerful enough to annihilate Soviet's soldiers but it costed his life. Vietnam shrieked out her brother's name. He was gone, crumbling right in front of her. She was furious, how could Soviet do that?!

Khmer Rouge was still alive but with a flick of her blade, Vietnam killed her, losing both her siblings...