1. 𝐃𝐄𝐅𝐘 𝐌𝐄

Defy

.appear to be challenging (someone)

to do or prove something.

"Maybe hes the one Annabeth." I stand behind the girl, looking at the scarred blonde boy who was laid in the grass,  "Everybody, give him space." Chiron spoke as the boy regained consciousness.

"Percy Jackson, we have been waiting for you. Welcome to camp half blood." 

"we should not be here, what if he wakes up?" i asked. "He drools when he sleeps." She giggled crossing her arms over her body.

I watched as Luke showed around the new kid, until he walked over to me "Sawyer-Grace, this is Percy

I watched as Luke showed around the new kid, until he walked over to me "Sawyer-Grace, this is Percy. The new kid."  Luke introduced me to the boy. "Hes your age." he mentioned, though I didnt find it very important.

The blonde held out his hand, which I looked at before I took it. Inspecting it aswell. "Daughter of Apollo, God of archery, music, healing, and much more." Luke explained. "I can introduce myself, Luke." I said in a low tone before I turned back to Percy.

"Annabeth, she is watching you."I Say to the boy who looked the utter most confused. "What? Why is she watching me? Were you guys the one in the infirmary?" he asked but I just giggled. "She does that to everybody, do not worry." Luke Chuckled.

"This one just follows her around." Luke poked my shoulder and I slapped his hand. "She is my friend, I am by her side to protect her." I crossed my arms.  "It was nice to meet you." I say to the boy as I excuse myself, I looked at clarisse giving her a look for warning. I knew she would try to scare the boy.

I find Annabeth, and talk to her. "He is nice, but very curious." I noted, one thing about me is that I can read things about a person most people couldnt. It something that comes with the pros of being Apollos Daughter.

I can sing, normally or I can sing to control a person. Im also good at archery, and healing. Healing isnt my favorite because it takes the energy out of me, but it is something I will do if needed.

I do not usually share what I can do with other people, but most people seem to find out. "He is the one, I can feel it. " Annabeth spoke as she crossed her arms, watching the bow as he shot an arrow.

"He is helpless with a bow." I giggled, I walked over to the boy. "You are holding it wrong." I teased him. "Mind if I steal him for a bit?" I asked and Luke nodded. "I will teach you." I smiled.

Percy nodded as I started to walk to my cabin him following shortly behind me. "Your name was sawyer right?" I could hear him ask behind me as I walk along the dirt path "It is sawyer-Grace, only my closer friends call me sawyer." I explain to him.

"oh." He says embarrassed, his cheeks a shade of pink. I grabbed my old bow from my bed and handed it to him, I also grabbed some arrows.

"I think doing stuff with a sword is more of my stuff..." he explained and took the bow back from him. Grabbing my knives instead.

I lead him into the forest, a place where we can train.
"What are we doing here?" He asked "your sword, pull it out." And he did just that.

"Stab me." I instructed him, "what? Hell no!" He shouted and I giggled. "Try it." I said, and he did. I dodged it.

"You are to slow, strike it with confidence. They can smell your fears." I pointed out and he looked like he's never even been in a forest before.

"I only learned I was a Demi-god, like yesterday." He groaned and I felt embarrassed for some reason. "I am sorry, I didn't know. But you should still train."

"Try again." I say with a slight smile, he threw his sword forward again. Put I grabbed his arm, throwing him to the ground. "You have to be prepared."

"That is not fair, you are more experienced than me." He complained and a giggled. "You are more than capable, I was just like you when I came."

He hit me again, this time it sliced through my side. "You are learning." I smile, totally ignoring the pain. "Oh my god I am so sorry!" He panicked, dropping his sword and rushing over to me and holding my side.

"It is fine, I can heal myself." I laughed As I started to sing to my father, the wound healed itself. "You can heal yourself?" Percy asked and I nodded, "I can heal others too. I just need to sing a song to my father." I explained as I sit down.

"What else can you do?" He asked but I shook my head "I do not share my powers, I only let one experience them." I explained and he nodded. "How long did it take you... to actually learn your powers?" He asked again.

"You ask a lot of questions Percy." I teased him before I continued. "It took me atleast a year, longer to master them all. But I am a slow learner after all, and a visual one." I said to the boy "Oh." He said
quietly.

__________________________________

We walked back to the dinning space, "I will see you later." I said my goodbyes to the boy as we split up for dinner, I sat with Annabeth and other members from cabin 7.

"What were you doing with him?" Annabeth asked me, and I looked down at my plate. "I was showing him how to use a sword." Which was not a lie.

"Do not scare him off sawyer-grace." She growled, "you say that like I am a monster." I giggled

"MAYBE YOU ARE A MONSTER."

.
.
.
SATELLITE