19. 𝐒𝐄𝐄𝐊 𝐌𝐄.

SEEK
attempt to find (something). attempt or desire to obtain or achieve (something).

"That is not the lightening bolt!" Grover argued "hell it is!" I argued back as Percy takes the bolt out of his bag

"Be careful with that thing!" I warn him. "Why was the lightening bolt in your bag..." Grover asked and Percy shrugged.

The wind blew his blonde hair, which was filled in the same colored sand. "It's not my bag, it's ares."
We were still sat in the sand.

"Why does he have the bolt in his backpack to!" I groaned, feeling more overwhelmed then ever. I take a deep breath calming my nerves.

"It doesn't matter, either way we have to get this bolt to hades." Percy stood up and so did Grover, Percy offered his hand to help me up.

I was nervous for a lot of reason, I was scared about AnnaBeth, and worried about meeting Hades. I had never met him before.

Me and Grover walked behind Percy, at first it was quiet but then he spoke up. "You know, he likes you." He spoke soft enough so Percy couldn't hear.

"What?" I looked over at Grover, who had the most stupidest smile on his face. "You remember saytrs can feel emotions right?"

"Don't be so loud Grover!" I scolded the boy even thought he was as quiet as he could be. My cheeks and obvious shade of red.

Percy turned around with a confused look on his face. "What are you guys talking about?" He asked and I responded before Grover could.

"Nothing! Turn back around!" I say embarrassed, not because I liked him, because he liked me back. Percy turned around and gave me a weird look.

"I thought you liked him back? Shouldn't this be good news?" Grover's voice was now in a whisper. "It is good news! But we are on a quest in an underworld! This is no place for feelings." I groan.

"The way he reacts when you look at him, his heart like explodes." I felt like I was going to faint after Grover said that.

My heart felt weird and the butterflies in my stomach were going crazy. "Don't tell him! Only AnnaBeth knows." I finish.

"Luke doesn't know?" He asked and I shook my head "Luke isn't here to know." I sigh as we stand infront of hades castle.

"You guys ready?" Percy asks as the gates start to open, me and Grover walk up to him until we are all side by side with eachother.

The palace was dark, drenched in shiny obsidian. We get to the pain part of the palace that split in two way, I stood next to Percy rocking back and forth on the balls of my feet.  We stepped on like this elevator thing that took us up a level.

I feel Percy's hand brush against mine, my cheeks turning a deeper shade of pink. He looked down at me hand then back up at me.

"It's okay, we'll be okay." He noticed my nervousness, he never failed too. "I know." I lied looking at him, he had a soft smile on his face.
"Is this our stop?" Grover asked.

We heard hells clank on the floor repeatedly at a steady pace until the person came into few. He was much less intimidating than people make it seem.

Hades was dressed in a black suit, and his hair nicely done. His shoes were also black with a slight level to them.

He looked very preppy, happy of where he is and what he became. "Welcome!" He greeted with a smile.

Hades kept a smile on his face, "nice to meet you all." His steps were still fast "I assume you know me, and I know you so let's cut to the chase."

"Can I get you anything?" Hades asked starting to list drinks and snacks. "My mother." Percy cuts him off.

"Straight to business.. okay." His tone was sarcastic. "I admire you." He smiled, "where is she." Percy cut hades off again.

"Okie dokey." He turned around "she's right over here." Hades started to walk, the same pace returning as was before. His footsteps echoing.

We didn't move "you came all this way don't be shy!" He shouted back to us and I started to walk but Percy stopped me.

"Let me go first." Percy suggested and I nodded, letting walk infront of me. We follow behind hades until we reached like a living room area.

His mother was frozen in gold, it was like what happened to Percy in waterland. "What did you do to her?" Percy asked.

I could tell he was hurt, the way he looked at his mom's statue. "I saved her." Hades smiled. "Typically getting crushed by a Minotaur is a perm at things..." he starts to explain.

"But I snatched her for you." He teased. "Just in the Nick of time." Hades continued "so you would come see me, and we can do our little exchange."

"You give me what you got, I'll give you what I got." His voice and faced changed into something more serious.

"I can't give it to you." Percy sighed "it doesn't belong to you." Hades face looked confused almost.

"Your plan almost worked, you and ares worked together to steal the bolt so I could bring it back here to you."

"But it's wrong." Percy finished "I can't do it, but I'm asking you to do the right thing." I don't know what was going through his head, but no way in hell was hades just going to give his mom back.

I wished that's how it worked but it didn't. "Please let my mom go." He cried just wanting the comfort of his mom. "Huh? You think me and ares worked together?" Hades laughed.

"I don't even want my bolt! I want my helm back." He admitted "you didn't steal the bolt?" I asked and he looked at me.

"Aren't you in cahoots with ares?" Grover butted in, all of us confused at this point. "I seldom cahoots." Hades rolled his eyes.

"The bolt is my brothers drama I don't want if." He groaned "you don't want it?" Percy asked again.

"No I don't want it! I want my helm." He whined "what helm?" Percy asked. "My helm of darkness that went missing a couple days before someone used it to steal the bolt!" He explained.

"I'd like it back, then you get your mom." Hades offered. "You really don't want the bolt?" Percy asked him one more time

"Why would I want it?" Hades snapped "to start a war between your brothers?" Grover said unsure. "Why would I want that either?!" We were all very very confused.

"Jealous maybe?" Percy shrugged "i love it down here, it's candy canes and rainbows." He smiled. "I don't do jealous. Though my brothers..." he rolled his eyes.

Percy looked like he was figuring something out. "I didn't steal the bolt, so that means someone-" Percy cut hades off.

"KRONOS STOLE THE BOLT."

.
.
.
SATELLITE.