21. 𝐈𝐆𝐍𝐈𝐓𝐄 𝐌𝐄.

catch fire or cause to catch fire. arouse or inflame (an emotion or situation).

 arouse or inflame (an emotion or situation)

PERSEUS JACKSON

We argued about me going to Olympus for awhile until we decided that I would go to Olympus and they would go back to camp. I would meet them back there.

Sawyer took of her necklace and walked over to me, hers was similar to AnnaBeths but she didn't have a ring.  Instead she had the sun on hers.

I watched her movements, absorbing her warmth as she stepped closer to me. Her hands wrapping around my neck as she tied the necklace.

I could feel her breath on my neck, and all I wanted to do was hug her. To feel her. When she was finished tying the bracelet her eyes met with mine.

"When you get back to camp, we can make you a new necklace." She smiled, "I think I like yours better." I teased and her cheeks turned a shade of pink.

"Well you'll have to make me a new one then." She replied back, just as AnnaBeth cleared her throat. "Come on sawyer."

She reached for my hand and squeezed it gently. "Hold fast."  She finished, turning around to meet AnnaBeth.

Something about that girl was different, she made me feel like a normal kid again. Like I wasn't a Demi-god and we weren't risking our lives anymore.

The three of them walked out of the door, and as soon as they were out of my view reality came crashing down again.

But I knew I was going to come back to camp for them, for her. I took a deep breath, burying whatever I was feeling down.

When I got back to camp, everyone one was waiting for my arrival.  Everyone clapping for me as I walk through the camp. Even the ares kids were there.

I stopped infront of my cabin, Chiron, Mr.D, the trio, and Luke stood on the stairs. Sawyer had a smile on her face.

She ran up to me, embracing in a hug. "You did it Percy!" She giggled. One of her hands on the back of my neck sending shivers down my body.

"Look at Clarisse, then look at Luke." I looked at Clarisse first, her gaze was sharp. Her body language defensive and hard.

Then I looked at Luke, his arms were crossed aswell but his face looked nervous and his eyes wandered around scared almost.

"I don't understand." I whisper, my head tilting closer to hers so they couldn't tell what I was saying. "Just act normal." Her voice was stern, but something about her was off.