12. 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐌𝐄

LOVE

an intense feeling of deep affection.
feel deep affection for (someone).

Percy loved sawyer, he just hadn't realized it yet.

𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐄𝐔𝐒 𝐉𝐀𝐂𝐊𝐒𝐎𝐍

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐄𝐔𝐒 𝐉𝐀𝐂𝐊𝐒𝐎𝐍

"This is creepy." She whispered, and her voice echoed the tunnel. It was poorly lit, or even poorly built.

It was quiet for awhile, the only sound was the water gently rushing and our voices.

I could tell sawyer was trying to keep herself calm, the way her leg bounced up and down, the way she kept looking around. Her eyes focusing on the best source of light.

"Do you think there are snakes in the water?" She asked and I chuckled, sawyer looked down to examine the water.

"There are no snakes in here, if there is, only fake ones." I reassure the girl, she was brave, coming here on this quest just because someone told her too.

"Oh." She said quietly, her voice barely above a whisper. "Thank you, for coming on the quest with us." I break the remaining silence.

"Mr. D.. he sent me here to make sure you guys got back healthy." She admitted, sawyer sounded unsure about everything.

"So he didn't think we would be able to do it?" I didn't mean to take an offense to her answer, but I did.

"He just wanted to make sure you guys were safe!" She got defensive about it aswell, and that gave me the answer I needed.

The room, or tunnel was filled with awkward tension, neither of us spoke or even dared to look at eachother.

"Just drop it." I sigh and she nodded quietly. I could tell she was trying to avoid looking at me, because she would look everywhere else but at me.

"Sawyer." Her name felt sweet, she finally looked at me. There was something that was said in that moment.

But it's like neither of us knew what it was.

SAWYER-GRACE

I heard my name come out of his mouth, and I finally looked at him. He had a soft expression on his face. This emotion in his eyes.

I felt something when I looked at him, I always have. But whatever it is, it needs to stop.

"I'm sorry, I know you were just trying to explain." He looked down, his apology genuine. He actually meant what he said.

"You guys are more than capable of completing this quest, especially you Percy." I put my hand on his arm.

"You shouldn't have been forced to come on this quest, risk your life for us." He said with a slight smile.

"Well I am glad I came, I've meet some of the best people." I smiled, and all the tension between us was released.

Percy hugged me, and it took me a second to realize he was. Right as we pull away a song starts to play, I have never heard it before.

We bursted out into laughter, looking around as lights cover the tunnel. "I think I heard this once.. at my orthodontist." Percy joked

Figures play out a story on the tunnel walls, "hey I think I know this!" He watched the story "it's the story of Hephaestus." Percy explained to me

"He was rejected by Hera and ... " he started to explain, and I admit I know less about demi-gods then I should.

The ride continued, the music continued playing as I hum to the tune. Picking up the notes as it goes.

Then it stops, the lights remained but the story didn't.

We came to the end.. I think. There were green crystals against the wall but as we got closer I realized it was not the end.

I squealed as the boat shifted and now we were going downwards.. and all other different directions that I couldn't quite figure out.

It finally stopped, and I could hear Percy laugh besides me "are you scared of rides?" I heard him ask and I groan.

"It's not my fault it came out of nowhere!" I argued back, we were not in a tunnel anymore,

The walls were a shade of gold and the water ran quicker. Percy was still laughing at me, I smacked the back of his head. "It is not that funny."

"Okay okay, Im sorry!" He said but still laughing, it died down after awhile as we approached a wall with an arch built into it.

There was a platform in the middle of the room, it had a statue then a chair infront of it. "I think that's the shield!" I pointed to it.

Percy agreed with me, "sawyer we need to jump!" He says referring to infront of us where the boats basically get destroyed.

"Percy wait!" I groaned trying to grab the boys arms before he could.

"The tide is too strong we can't swim in this!" I tried to warn the boy but he already jumped in, I followed after him.

I tried to keep my head out of the water for as long as possible but the tide dragged me down, as I stated earlier it was too strong to swim in.

I could see Percy panicked, looking around desperately trying to find out what to do.

I couldn't tell if we were getting closer or father from eachother,

THEN EVERYTHING WENT BLACK.

.
.
.
SATELLITE