𝐁𝐎𝐍𝐔𝐒. 60 𝐒𝐄𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐃𝐒.

"𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐄𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐃𝐒 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐂𝐘."

A HOUR EARLIER

A HOUR EARLIER.

I was walking around camp, trying to clear my head of trying to decide if I was staying at camp. Some part of me wanted to stay here with sawyer but another wanted to spend the summer with my mom.

I spotted Luke training, a groups of dummies lined up as he sliced right through them all. I noticed his sword was different than before.

"Percy." He called my name and I snapped out of my daze. "Sorry-" I start to stutter from the embarrassment of him catching me.

"It's okay, just getting in some last minute practice." Luke smiled, his body now turned towards me. "Those dummies won't be bothering anybody anymore." I chuckled.

"We build new ones every summer." He pointed out as I looked at his sword "this new toy, I call her backbiter." He noticed me looking at his sword.

"Backbiter?" I repeated to him, the sword was weird. But was wider and a weird shape. "It's celestial bronze and the other is just tempered steel. Can slice through mortals and monsters." Luke admired his sword.

"I thought they don't make those kinds of swords here?" I asked, my body starting to feel off about something but I couldn't put it on something.

"They probably can't, it's one of a kind." He teased spinning his sword around, "I was coming to find you, wanna go to the forest and get one last fight in?"

"I don't think that's a good idea.." I shut down his idea but Luke shook his head. "I've got a six pack of diet-coke in my bag." He smiled.

My suspicion grew bigger, you can't get mortal soda in here. You have to bribe a saytr maybe. "I guess it can't hurt." I shrug, soda right now made my willpower drop.

We found a spot near the creek where I first broke Clarisse sword. "Do you miss being on a quest?" He asked me.

At first I was going to say no, but I actually like the thrill of it. "Yeah, I do actually." I smiled "you?" I shouldn't have asked that.

His face went blank, he almost looked angry. "I've loved at camp year round, ever since Thalia me and sawyer would train and train." His voice was now cold.

"I haven't got to be a normal teenager, no one here has. I refuse to be one of the trophies in the big old house." He throws his crushed soda can on the ground.