Chapter 19: The Perfect Face-Slapping Moment

Start from the beginning

"OK sir, we have verified that you are a member. You can bring as many additional people as you want with unlimited food and drinks as well as a hundred million dollars in gambling credits on your tab and all other perks we offer to our members. I assume this beautiful lady is one of your guests?" The other man quickly recovered himself and spoke after he took my fingerprint on his machine to verify my identity all the while his partner was trying his best to recover from the shock.

I guess they have an idea of what being a founding black member meant in the club since they work here. I myself don't have any concrete idea what it means since the perks and membership grades should have changed a lot since the last time I read about them but looking at their expressions it seems to be something quite premium.

"Yes, she is," I answered as the man nodded while doing a 90-degree bow, and offered to escort us inside while his partner quickly logged us in with his tab.

"Let's go," I said as I took Susan's hand and followed after our escort.

***

<(Omniscient POV)>

"Why the hell were you this nervous Robert? Was the last guest some hot shot or something? I mean I saw you giving entry to a couple of senators and a dozen Hollywood A-listers a little while ago but there wasn't even a single change in your expression during that. So what happened this time? Was he some sort of Middle Eastern prince or something?" Another guard who looked like a newcomer walked up to him from his previous post and asked in a whisper.

"Middle Eastern prince? Hah, we threw out a Middle Eastern prince a couple of nights ago because he was behaving badly with some of our other premium customers. No, he wasn't some prince. You might not know this since you are new and just joined the entry-level post a couple of months ago but do you know who the owners of the club are, Tom? Their true identities? The ones who control this club where some of the world's most influential, rich, and powerful people are members of and attend regularly to network, and socialize as well as support each other?" The guard named Robert asked in a heavy voice.

"Uhh, no. I have heard that only a few of the top Diamond class members know about their identities. However, I am sure you don't too Robert. I might be new but you don't exactly work at a much higher post than me." Tom said while narrowing his eyes, feeling a little insulted at his colleague's words.

"You are right, I don't. But, what I know is that publicly there are only 12 grades of membership in the club, 10 of which are invitation-only types of membership where the club invites you if you are worthy enough to be a member, 1 is referral-based where an existing member refers you to be a member, and the lowest one which is the basic type of membership with the smallest amount of perks that can be purchased by the general rich public.

However, what most don't know is that there is one more grade of membership pass at the higher end of the spectrum. A membership card that only the founding members or owners have, the black card. That man is a member of that grade. He was probably one of the most strongest and influential people in the country, no correction, in the world." Robert explained why he was truly shocked. It was because he had met one of the most powerful people on the planet.

"Oh..., that makes sense. I would have probably crapped my pants if I had to suddenly face the same amount of pressure. Maybe handling the crowd is a much better job for me. I don't think I want that promotion the boss was talking about." Tom gulped and nervously laughed as he went back to handle the group of stupid reporters and wannabe members crowding near the entrance.

'This could have been quite a story for my grandchildren. Pity I had to sign that iron-clad NDA. I guess, nobody besides a few of my colleagues will ever know that I met one of the owners of the most powerful organization in the world.' Robert thought to himself after Tom left as he prepared to check on the next customer. "Ah, Mr. Jeff Bezos. Please show me the invitation... Okay, you are free to go in." Robert said as he went back to diligently doing his work.