Chapter Eight, You again huh?

Y/N'S POV.

A week had passed since then, and I, myself felt a mix of emotions. Terrible as it were, yet I always tried to be happy, and smile despite the feelings I experienced. Initially thought, that if I kept smiling happiness would find me, and all the dread in my heart, would go away. However, so far, the only feeling I experienced was, dread. I felt drained and numb even if I had gotten used to the dreadful feeling it was awful to feel.

For once in my life, I want to feel secure and joy.

Like any normal person would.

What more could I do other than suck it up and not speak of it. In this household, it was very toxic. If I wanted to voice my feelings freely I would only be shut down and manipulated- forcing me to seem...smaller...as if I were the problem, as if my feelings were insignificant.

My opinion rarely meant anything.

I noticed this fact when I recently turned eighteen. My parents let me see a therapist, they usually had me healthy- in their eyes at least. Though despite therapy, I felt limited. Nonetheless, when I was to vent to my therapist, I figured it was a setup. Although my feelings felt valued, validated, and wanted I was still hurt because I was sold out. They told my parents everything. The scowling, I got was incomprehensible. I was more frowned upon- more so than before.

It didn't matter to my parents, nor anyone. To even get some alone time outside I had to sneak out. I couldn't stay inside, It only felt as if I'd go crazy in my bedroom. Walking on the dirt path, alone, I had no idea where I was going. Nonetheless, I knew what I wanted. A quiet place, a peace of mind. Something to clear my head and feelings.

Closure, Comfort.

Even so, I only found myself in that same place again. The peak of a mountain where I had watched fireworks a while back. Why? Why did my legs walk here unconsciously? Was I so unhinged in my own fluctuating emotions, was I becoming senile?

Thoughts ran around my head, a lump forming in my throat- an uncomfortable one. This place surely had to be visited by numerous people by the looks of it. I only remembered that pink-haired curse in particular though, What if he came? He said he'd kill me if he ever saw me once more.

It wasn't like I was truly annoying him right now to provoke something like my death. Mustering up the critical thinking, I figured...No.

I won't leave.

Yet...I didn't feel like leaving even though my mind was screaming 'Danger', With a slight huff I walked over to the pond seeing, swans a pair that seemed like mates, both foreheads touching, the curve of their necks forming a slight heart. The scene was heartwarming which eased my mind a bit.

I truly adored nature.

But the short moment, my thought process was interrupted earning a slight frown on my lips as I sighed. A loud whistle, and a presence which felt...heavy. It made me turn around seeing him- the pink-haired curse made me feel uneasy but at this point, I didn't care anymore. Why should I care? If he was going to kill me then so be it. The frown on my face fell, my expression growing neutral and calmer.

"You again huh? Fancy seeing you here." I faked a cheery tone and a smile before rolling my eyes, which made the cursed spirit..stare. His eyes narrowed as he looked down at me before a teasing, unhinged smirk edged his lips "Likewise, I thought you'd be in your castle sipping tea."

He commented snidely.

Even though I didn't know him personally, I had a feeling that was just how he was.

Mocking as ever.

My expression seemed solemn and annoyed, his behavior was vexing me. Turning my head away to avoid looking at him, he grasped my face causing me to feel...flabbergasted. The feel of his hand was harsh his fingers broad-thick and the nails of his hand felt like claws. Being touched by him woke a sense inside me, a sense I rarely felt- uncertainty, fear. This man...was bold. Nobody had ever made physical contact with me in such a manner..and even if, it weren't Gojo or a maid, they were executed.

The red eyes- four, staring at me made me feel..strange unfamiliar warmth I couldn't put my finger on. Up till now I never felt it before, not even for Toru. It made me curious...was it normal? I didn't know If I was uncomfortable or intrigued. Almost off instinct, my hand grasped his fingers gripping his wrist, in which he cocked a brow his expression was neutral..almost unreadable though.

He was abnormal..unpredictable.

Everything he did made me uncertain- and for that, I hated being uncertain of anything.

I gulped, "So tell me, what brought you outside, here specifically." his response carried a certain weight in it. As if he was expecting an answer, the aura around him screamed wickedness and a sense of dominance. Without a doubt, this guy was a king in the way he carried himself.

So, against my mind's will, my heart forced out an answer that- I was just out on a walk. Yet this made me wonder, what were his intentions? what could he possibly want to know meanwhile, he threatened me before. Maybe...he wanted to be my friend..? That could be the only possible reason. Satisfied with my answer, the pink-haired curse retracted his hand, "Interestin', ya know for a princess, yer' quite dull" Sukuna mused.

Although I desired to respond sarcastically I chose not to. It wasn't in my nature to be cruel and frankly, I hadn't gathered the energy to do so, nor the courage. Even if life was terrible, I wasn't a suicidal maniac- considering one slip of the tongue, Sukuna would most likely murder me. So, with a sigh I tilted my head back, raising a brow, getting a good look at him. "Dull him? Last time I remember you threatened to kill me if we met again." I responded calmly but it was more like a question, it wasn't in a rude way of speaking, I didn't want to offend.

"well maybe I had a changed course of action" He clicked his tongue folding his lower pair of arms and stepped around me, turning his heel then crouched in front of the pond, no longer paying attention to me, but rather the pond of lover swans and their babies.

The pond was lovely, filled with pretty coi fishes, a bit of frogs, here and there, some ducks, turtles, large lily pads, and lovely flowers around.

I huffed and rolled my eyes folding my arms under my chest. How strange and rude could he get? "You're impossible," I murmured facepalming with an exasperated sigh.

"Like you're any better princess" Sukuna retorted sarcastically, in a way that made you think if he weren't in such a good mood he would have drowned you, decapitated you, burned you alive, or fed you to a feral curse spirit. However, he didn't most likely because you were, important to his plans.

His plan of become the strongest in this era.

Next chapter quote teaser, "Damned wench."