Chapter Five, Scarf.

THIRD-PERSON POV

THIRD-PERSON POV.

As of late, going out posed a problem to the princess. Her parents became aware of her extra minutes out, which caused suspicion to rise. Her parents, placed her curfew strictly 15 minutes and no more. It was hard for the princess to return the scarf as she promised her newfound cursed friend. She thought they were friends at least.

Recently she had only pondered ways to leave without being suspiscous. Surely there was a way to return the scarf, right? It would be unsightly to be labeled as a thief, especially as a royal. That alone could ruin her reputation, especially since her parents value public views so much.

All these quotes, labels, and expectations were all trivial to the princess. Truthfully It would be nice to live a normal life, a happy life. Usually, her head would be in the clouds, thinking of ifs, and whats. To marry someone she'd love and care about, to have that mutual love, to share that passion, and even have a child.

Running away and starting anew, was a nice dream.

Although the girl's daydream was broken,  when the princess had gotten news of her family being away on a trip made her frown. Hearing the news of the departure always hurt, mentally you'd curse yourself. For not being normal and healthy. With a slight pout, she dismissed her servant with a thought in mind.

Buying for always cheered her up, and maybe she'd see her pink-haired friend.

The thought made her excited and rather giddy for some reason, probably because the maiden was eager to see him once more. But what better time to sneak away was it than now? The opportunity was too hard to pass up, considering her parents were away.

You didn't even notice the smile on your face as you told a servant to inform Toru, of your departure. That was smart- Toru was always a man who worried and usually took searching seriously if he couldn't find you. Purposefully you made the message short and simple, "I wanted to go out, being inside the palace makes me feel like a bird locked, away in its cage. I also will be going for some food at a vendor I'm rather fond of, don't worry about me I'll be fine and back as soon as possible."

Without further delay, you left, on the way to the hill of your last meeting. With a bit of a detour of course- that being food. Buying fried octopus and a sweet bun thinking your new friend would accept the food.

Walking up the hill you saw someone with the same white robes, however, it was a kimono instead of a yukata like the last time. White loose kimono, black edges, white socks, and slides. On the other hand, he seemed to look more classy. This man was elegant and it looked like he wasn't even trying to appear well dressed.

The curse had spotted you from the corner of his eye, quietly cursing and seeing you run up to him, which eventually turned into a slight jog. His expression turned into one of disgust seeing you, slowly recognizing you. Sukuna wasn't one to remember names nonetheless he always remembered faces. It's not like he could forget about such a sickly idiot who dared to snatch his belongings and run off.

For a moment of looking at you, he scoffed before turning away nonchalantly seemingly uninterested. The curse had no time for such childish antics and foolishness. Especially not for a sickly weakling. Turning his back on her his mind drifted elsewhere, yet his thought process was disrupted.

A small warm hand grabbed the sleeve of his kimono, tugging it lightly to grab his attention. "I bought it back, I hope you don't mind I remodelled it for you" You smiled warmly looking up at him and holding out the scarf. Turned back to look at you a deep scowl engraved in his expression, brows furrowed downward, a deep frown etched on his lips and veins bulged at his forehead all over even his neck.

In a swift moment, your throat was grabbed holding you off the floor, feet dangling helplessly. The gesture was...surprising to say the least, you just wanted to return his belongings. A puzzled expression was on your face, which made the demon click his tongue. "You seem to have a talent for pissing me the fuck off," 

"You're weak and don't seem to know your place in this life." the man added, his voice just as harsh as his grip tightening making you gasp your hands tugged at his wrist desperately.

Why was he doing this?

Weren't we friends?

Thoughts rushed your head, you didn't understand. Maybe this was a misunderstanding of something. "what are you talking..ab..about" you choked out rather perplexed and a bit shocked, by his aggression. Red eyes bore holes into your own until he slammed you onto the rocky dirty ground. You winced from the sudden pain, surely something got fractured or sprained. The pain in your lower back up to your spine felt uncomfortable.

You were so close to crying.

Leaning close to your ear you were shocked to hear the revelation of his words, "You're nothing more than the dirt under my damn shoes, stop acting like you're hot shit or as if you're special. You ain't nothing more than an ill-mannered, flat-chested, wretched, weak bitch. Stay out of my way, if I see you again, I'll kill you." The cursed spirit warned darkly. His deep voice was chilling and it made you shiver.

Feeling like he got his point across Sukuna gripped your neck once more, nails piercing into the sensitive flesh, hand jerking forcefully making your head hit the floor purposefully. Towering over your shocked figure he scoffed yanking his scarf out of your hand, before turning away and leaving.

Leaving you dirty, along with the food you were going to offer him.

Sitting up slowly you winced biting your lip once he was out of sight you cried. You didn't cry because you were scared you just cried because it all hurt. Physically and emotionally. It felt like a cold reality check.

You had just wanted a friend.

He was just twisted, sadistic, and cruel.

Next chapter quote teaser, "Find out some information of the Ashikaga's clan whereabouts, dismissed."