"You think you've earned this? You think you deserve this?" Alenor says harshly, not trying to hide his contempt and hatred for his younger sister. The venom in his tone is evident and he speaks with a hint of violence in his manner. She stares at him, stunned by the aggression and the emotion behind his words. Not since their mother had died have they spoken to each other this intensely and with such anger.

"Deserve what? A marriage forced upon me?" she asks sharply.

Alenor stares at her with disdain in his eyes, not letting his anger and hate fade for a second. She knows that her words will only further inflame his anger, but she can't help but speak her truth to him. She is not scared of him anymore. She is not letting him dominate her.

"You could've refused to marry him." Alenor answers, not backing down and refusing to give even an inch of understanding for her situation.

"I couldn't and we both know it. I was grateful that my father changed his mind before marrying me to Larys." she replies.

"You were grateful? So you think this is better than getting married to Larys? You think being married to Aegon is better?" Alenor's anger and hate is building up, he is not trying to control it anymore. He is allowing himself to feel all the negative emotions that he had been holding back.

"Is it not?"

"No, it is not. The only difference between Aegon and Larys is that Larys is openly cruel, and Aegon is cruel but underhanded."

"How do you know that?" she asks, confused by his response.

"What do you mean, how do I know?" Alenor snaps back at her, frustrated by her lack of understanding. "Does he not drink and whore all day? Did he not marry you without ever speaking to you? I think this is enough to confirm his character, no?"

"Alenor, please. I have accepted my fate." she says trying to escape him.

His grip tightens and he pulls her towards him, not letting go of her. He won't let her escape this conversation. She will hear what he has to tell her. He wants her to face reality and not run away from it. He wants to knock some sense into her. But his sudden and forceful actions are making her feel even more scared and concerned for her safety. She tries to wiggle away from him, but he won't let her.

"Since when do you care about who I marry or not? You must be happy, you can become Lord of Highgarden in peace, I won't bother you anymore." she snaps, anger coursing through her.

"Your marriage was not just about your happiness." Alenor finally snaps and yells at her, unable to contain his rage for a moment longer. "Do you think this is about you and your happiness? This is about our house, our family, our strength!"

"Let me go." she says firmly, not listening to his nonsense anymore.

He finally lets go of her hand and she feels a sense of relief wash over her. But he does not let her run away. He steps close to her and stares at her with a deadly stare, his voice filled with spite and hatred.

"You are not my sister anymore, you are not a part of our family anymore." he says and leaves.

His words cut deeper than any dagger or knife could have. The last words that he spoke echo in her ears as she remains standing there, stunned.

Reina feels the sudden heaviness of sadness and grief and heartache surrounding her as she realizes that her brother has just cast her aside. She feels like he has just pushed her away from him, not wanting anything to do with her anymore. Her eyes fill with tears and she grips onto the nearest pillar for support.

She feels like she has been rejected and betrayed all over again, just like she felt when her mother died and her everyone turned against her. She has been rejected by her own family, by people who she thought loved and supported her. She feels alone, as if she does not belong. Her stomach cramps in anguish and her heart feels like it is breaking into pieces.

his rose || aegon ii targaryen On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara