Chapter 23

Fire swallowed the castle. People ran, screaming and burning in the scorching flames.

Marton Tyrell looks up to the sky and when he sees the golden beast, he freezes. Fear engufles him and his eyes widen. His daughter had came.

"Father! What is the matter of this?!" Alenor yelled as she stepped into his room, trembling in fear.

"Reina is here. With a fucking dragon!" Marton shouts, abandoning his bedchambers, leaving his son to stare in shock at the flames that surrounded their home.

"Reina..." he whispers and follows his father out of the room.

"My Lord! The city is on fire. The castle, the gardens, the stable! Everything." a guard approached Alenor and his father.

"Do you think I did not notice?!" the older man yells, grabbing the guard by the collar of his shirt.

"Who is it?" he asks, fearing the Lord.

"My daughter."

•••

Reina smile grows wider as she watches the red-hot flames. She made sure to burn the whole garden to the ground. She hated those places, now. This city was not her home, not anymore.

Sunfyre lands swiftly on the ground, in front of the gates of the castle and waits for her father and brother to come out of their hiding place.

Marton looks at his daughter in shock, he does not recognise the girl anymore. "Reina..." he whispers and takes a step forward.

"Do not come any closer, father." she spits the word out with venom lacing in her sweet voice.

"What is the matter of this?"

"You should tell me. What is the matter of this?" she pulls out of her cloak the first letter Larys received from her father, the one he lost when he was in her rooms.

"Should I read it?" she asks, smirking snd begins unfolding the paper. She reads the message out loud, making Marton fill with rage.

"Where did you get that?" he asks, seething with anger.

"Your dear fellow gave it to me." Reina smiles and puts the letter back in her cloak. "Do you deny the fact that you and that bastard killed my mother? Your own wife?"

Her father looks at her with fear, watching the dragon behind her. There is no doubt that she will show no mercy. That with a single word, she could burn him alive.

"Say it." she yells, Sunfyre rising to his feet.

"No. He does not, I took part as well." Alenor's voices makes Reina's heart break in a thousand pieces.

"You too?" she whispers. "Your own mother? Our mother."

"Forgive me, sister. Show us mercy, please." he pleads, getting on his knees in front of her.

"Mercy?" she shouts, "Mercy for killing my mother and for threatening my son's life? You sent me a letter saying you wish me all the better and then I find another one from our father, telling Larys that you are impatient in fulfilling his mission. Killing my baby." her voice cracks.

"I did not want any of this!" Alenor sobs, trying to grab her hands.

"What about you, father? Did you want any of this?" she asks, turning her attention to the other man.

Marton nods his head and looks down at the ground. "I have no regret in what I have done."

"Father!" Alenor yells, his hands trembling. "Reina, please. Please!"