I grew more worried to Guy though, I knew this would anger the Sheriff and would place the blame on Guy over himself. I missed him terribly and had around my neck on a thick piece of leather his engagement ring to me. I never removed it from my neck and often would place it on my finger when I slept to feel him closer to me.

Leaving my chambers guards and maids cleared the path for me as I snuck my way into the throne room and stood on the right side of the throne where Prince John was currently lounging and plucking grapes and popping them into his mouth one by one.

"Ah Wolf! Now you're here, send in Jasper" Prince John commanded as a soldier bowed and left to fetch Jasper. I was known around here as wolf, due to not only my few words and many growls to show my opinion on things, but it remained a reminder to everyone. I had made it clear that I wasn't a dog to follow strict orders. The occasional threat reminder to Prince John reminded him I was wild in a ways, which gave me the name wolf. Not that I minded, it meant no one would suspect I was a woman.

"Your highness" Jasper bowed as he approached the throne before straightening as I leaned against the throne.

"Well how was it? I want to know everything" John asked him excitedly like a child getting treats.

"The Sheriff is now aware of the extra tax..." Jasper began as John jumped happily in his throne causing me to roll his eyes. Wasn't he ever taught to behave as a kid? Probably not.

"Good, good." He leaned forward wanting to hear more as I saw Jasper pause almost as though he was unwilling to report the next bit of information which had me interested into what it could possibly be.

"There was a problem sire" His voice softer and uneven as I watched John stiffen and slouch back in his seat un-amused by his sudden change in report.

"What problem?" He demanded.

"Robin Hood" Those two words which got Prince John furious cause me to smirk and laugh inside. It's good to know that Robin was still fighting and causing mischief enough that it reached ears here in London and threw Prince John into a frenzy.

"Is it too much to ask that they get rid of that pest for me? Can't they prove their loyalty to me and kill him!" He whined like a spoilt child, oh wait that's cause he is one.

"Sir Guy of Gisborne had claimed to have killed him but it was evident that Hood was very much alive." Jasper spoke as my head snapped up to hear Guy's name. It made my heart ache slightly as I bent down to John's level and whispered in his ear.

"Sire, Gisborne's attempts show his loyalty when he's making an effort unlike the Sheriff." I whispered as he nodded. I fed him what I needed to ensure that he kept Guy in high respect and the Sheriff like dust beneath his boots. I refused to allow the Prince to kill Guy, I would do whatever I had to, to keep him alive.

"At least Gisborne is getting somewhere whilst the Sheriff is doing nothing!" John whined once more as I smiled slightly to know that my deception was working against the Prince and that he fed and hung onto my words that were beginning to cloud his own judgment. I knew that Guy would do whatever he could to try and kill Robin, however I knew that I had to keep him alive against the Sheriff and Prince John.

"Sire..." Jasper went only to be cut off.

"Leave." He ordered waving him away as it was evident that he had enough of Jasper as he bowed and left. I watched him leave slowly and waited until the door shut behind him and clicked back into place before I walked around the throne and stood in front of Prince John. He was rubbing his cheek thinking as I folded my arms over my chest knowing that this could take a while.

"I want you to go to Nottingham personally and bring me my first month's tax" He finally concluded as I raised an eyebrow, even though I knew he couldn't see it.

"And if the Sheriff should not deliver?" I spoke, my voice automatically gruff, when I spoke to anyone.

"Bring him here so he can explain himself" He demanded standing up and stomping his foot.

"Sire, the Sheriff wouldn't dare allow himself to admit his shame, he will cast it upon a more innocent party. Such as Guy of Gisborne, who is very loyal to you sire." I informed him as he just slouched back into his throne and waved me off. The trip to Nottingham from London took five days with haste as I gathered up several men and went to the stables. I found my horse in the end stable as I smiled and brushed down the mane. It was the same one that Guy had given to me as a present.

"My Lord" I heard Lucinda call out as I turned to see her holding out a packed bag filled with fresh clothes and several masks as I smiled and nodded to her in thanks before she turned to leave. Quickly mounting my horse I urged my horse forward as the sounds of the cobbled stones under the hooves echoed as I glanced over my shoulder to see the soldiers following on after me as we made our way towards Nottingham.......