Chapter 19: Viking for hire ( Part 3 )

It was the next day, and Frida was at the academy with the teens and their dragons as Hiccup had gathered them and told them his plan on how to help Gobber. Frida was currently pitching the bridge of her nose as she stood beside Rocky while her terrors were protectively standing beside her and Rocky.

Frida: ( silently, under her breath: ) I regret advising dad now...

Fishlegs: ( to Hiccup: ) You're bringing Gobber here?

Hiccup: He's gonna be great. Nobody knows dragons like old Gobber. He's spent a lifetime, you know... studying them. And he could help us with learning more about lycanwings from Frida. If we can tap into that, we'll be better Dragon Trainers.

Suddenly, the doors burst open and Gobber comes into the academy, lodging a whole cart full of weapons.

Gobber: I'm back! Did ya miss me?

All the dragons quickly became clearly intimidated, and Frida protectively glared at the viking.

Hiccup: ( to Gobber: ) First of all, welcome. And second... tiny question, why did you bring your, you know...?

Gobber: Killing things? I thought maybe we could train them... ( Takes out an unusual looking weapon )...by threatening to kill them. That's how my daddy taught me to swim.

Gobber slams the weapon into the ground, breaking the ground.

Gobber: School's in session!

Frightened, the dragons, except for Toothless and Frida's terrors, fly off and their riders take off after them.

Gobber: ( Clearly missing the point: ) Eh. I didn't like school either.-

Gobber watched with widened eyes as Frida's pupils slitted and she suddenly turned into a dragon before she attacked Gobber out of protectiveness, biting him in his peg leg with the glowing yellow liquid dripping out of her fangs.

Gobber: ( is unfazed by this ) ( to Hiccup: ) So, this is what you were telling me about. You do know that she's a Lycanwing, right?

Hiccup: Yes, but what does-

Gobber: Hiccup, lycanwings have the ability to turn a viking into a lycanwing with a single bite, the stuff coming out of the lass's fangs, is the venom that does it. Luckily, she's biting me in my fake leg, so I'm good. It's also like acid to dragons, if even a drop gets injected in 'em, it'll boil their blood like a tea kettle on a burning stove.

Hiccup was in complete shock to what Gobber told him about what Frida's venom does. Frida then slowly calmed down as her pupils turned back to normal and she let go of Gobber, before going back to Rocky and her terrors.

Gobber: ( to Hiccup: ) And you do know that the thing she named " Rocky " and has been rolling around these past few weeks is a dragon egg right?

Hiccup: Excuse me, it's what-

Frida: Yeah, apparently, I think I'm a mom now.... ( To Hiccup and Gobber: ) Is that how it works? You just find a kid and " boom!" You're a parent now.

Gobber: No, lass, that's not how it works. But if you're the first thing that baby dragon sees, it will think you're it's mother.