Chapter 6: Understanding

Frida was in her dragon form as she was flying with Hiccup and Toothless, testing the saddle and tail fin positions.

Hiccup: ( to Toothless: ) Okay there, bud, we're gonna take this nice and slow. Here we go... position three, no, four. Alright, it's go time. It's go time. Come on, buddy, come on, buddy!

Hiccup then changed the tail position, and this time it didn't fall and they stayed in the sky.

Hiccup: Yes, it worked!

Frida: Sea stack!

Hiccup then accidentally flies Toothless into one of the sea stacks.

Hiccup: Sorry!

Frida: Another Sea stack!

Hiccup then flies Toothless into another sea stack.

Hiccup: That was my fault.

Frida: Definitely.

Toothless then hits Hiccup with his ear.

Hiccup: Yeah, yeah, I'm on it. Position four, uh, three. Yeah! Go baby! Yes! Oh, this is amazing! The wind in my...

The wind then blows his cheat sheet away.

Hiccup: CHEAT SHEET! STOP!!

Frida: Yeah, don't always trust the wind too much...

The trio then flew to try to catch the cheat sheet, but Hiccup's safety cord unhooks itself, and the boy and dragon began to fall, making the young lycanwing to fly after them. Frida didn't listen to what Hiccup was yelling as he tried to get back on the saddle while getting tail smacked by Toothless in the process. Once Hiccup finally reattached, the cheat sheet smacks into his face. Hiccup tries to memorize the sheet before the boy, dragon, and lycanwing began smoothly swerving through rocks, swiftly changing tail positions while Frida was smoothly keeping up to the two with ease.

Hiccup: YEEAHHH!

Toothless then shoots a blast of fire and the trio were flying straight through it.

Hiccup: Ah, come on!

( Slight time skip )

Hiccup Frida, who was now in her human form, and Toothless are now resting on a sea stack. Toothless was eating some fish, and he regurgitated a fish head for Hiccup and Frida, making Frida chuckle.

Hiccup: Uh...no thanks. We're good.

A flock of Terrible Terrors flew up to the trio and tried to steal the fish, making the night fury growl at them. Frida then turns into a dragon and stops a Terror from stealing a fish, it tries to attack her, but she fires a small blast of fire in the small dragon's mouth with a blank expression, causing the small dragon to fall to the ground and to briefly inflate as Frida walked back to Hiccup and curl up next to him.

Hiccup: ( to the Terror: ) Not so fireproof on the inside, are you? ( Tossed a fish to the small dragon ) There you go.

The Terror takes the fish and swallows it whole, before it curls up to Hiccup like a kitten, both the terror and Frida purred softly.