Chapter 5: Family? ( Short )

It was night, and Frida followed Hiccup and Toothless as they were sneaking into the blacksmith to remove the connecting cord Hiccup made on Toothless' saddle after a failed flying attempt. Frida sneaked inside through a window as the viking teen and his night fury sneaked in through the door. Frida then accidentally knocks down a bucket, and the trio then hear Astrid's voice.

Astrid: Hiccup? Are you in there?

Frida: ( whispers, to Hiccup and Toothless: ) I distract, you two flee.

Frida then jumped out of the blacksmith for Hiccup or Toothless could say or do anything in protest. She jumped over Astrid, and landed on feet on the ground behind the viking girl.

Astrid: ( to Frida: ) What the- What were you doing there, kid?

Frida just growled at Astrid as the lycanwing saw Hiccup and Toothless take off while Astrid was distracted by her, making the lycanwing smile before she threw dirt at Astrid's face and takes off.

Astrid: ( angrily: ) Hey! What was that for?!

( An hour later )

Frida followed Hiccup as he wanted to show the girl a surprise he had made for her. He led her to a small room that was upstairs across from his room, and opened the door to show that there was a hammock set high up with a ladder leading to it, a drawer, and a desk and chair set up in the room.

Hiccup: Ta-da! Welcome to your new home, Frida!

Frida: ( a bit confused: ) But this is your family's home. Don't vikings only with those that are their family by blood?

Hiccup: Well, yes, normally. But your basically like a sister to me now, so... Welcome to house Haddock, Frida.

Frida: ( is surprised: ) You weren't lying when you said you thought of me as family at the Great Hall?

Hiccup: Why would I lie-

Frida then suddenly hugged Hiccup with tears of joy in her eyes as she made a soft purr, and Hiccup hugged her back with a smile.

( In the morning, at the pier )

The longships from the expedition had came back, and were destroyed. Gobber was talking to Stoick.

Gobber: Well, I trust you found the nest at least?

Stoick: Not even close.

Gobber: Ah. Excellent.

Stoick: I hope you had a little more success than me.

Gobber: Well, if by success, you mean that your parenting troubles are over with while at the same time have been doubled, then...yes

Viking #1: ( To Stoick, as she walks past Stoick and Gobber: ) Congratulations, Stoick! Everyone is so relieved.

Viking #2: Out with the old and in with the new, right?!

Viking #3: No one will miss that old nuisance! 

Viking #4: The village is throwing a party to celebrate!

Stoick: ( to Gobber: ) He's gone?

Gobber: Yeah... He and the little girl he took in as his sister,Frida are gone most afternoons. Who can blame him? I mean the life of a celebrity's very rough. Neither of them can barely walk through the village without being swarmed by his new fans, making the wee lass overwhelmed and growl at 'em.

Stoick: ( surprised: ) Hiccup? Sister?

Gobber: Who would've thought, eh? Hiccup has this way with the beasts, and it all started when he brought Frida into the village. The poor lass was living in the woods and raised by wolves, she only talks to and fully trusts Hiccup. She sorta reminds me of Valka, with that strong personality of her's.

Stoick: Don't tell me she's-

Gobber: Don't worry, Stoick. I helped Hiccup with setting up a room for her in that small room across from his that you were using as an extra closet.

Stoick was surprised by this news, but at the same time curious about how his son changed and about the girl his son took in as his sibling.

______________________________________________________________________________________

That's it for this chapter, I hope you like it

Feel free to comment on what you think Stoick and Frida's future father/daughter relationship might be like.

Till next time my agents of mischief 😜