Chapter 8: The Nest

Frida and Toothless suddenly became uneasy, the young lycanwing quickly flew back to the teens and landed on Toothless' saddle behind Astrid.

Hiccup: Toothless, Frida, what's happening? What is it?

The group then finds themselves in the middle of a flock of dragons that were carrying food.

Hiccup: ( whispers, to Astrid and Frida: ) Get down!

Astrid: What's going on?

Hiccup: I don't know. ( To Toothless: ) Toothless, you've got to get us out of here, bud.

Toothless ignored them, and Frida whines in fear and worry while looking at the dragons around them. Hiccup and Astrid then looked around and saw what the dragons around them were carrying.

Hiccup: It looks like they're hauling in their kill.

Astrid: Uh, what does that make us?

They then began approaching a Volcano, which Frida knew was the Dragon's nest. When they went inside of the volcano they saw that swarms of dragons were throwing the food into the lava below.

Hiccup: ( sarcastically, quietly: ) It's satisfying to know that all of our food has been dumped down a hole.

Astrid: They're not eating any of it.

A Gronkle delivers only a single tiny fish, and a roar is heard from below and the Gronkle squeals in terror in response.

Frida: ( scared, quietly to Hiccup and Astrid: ) Because it's not for them.... it's for her.

A colossal dragon emerges from the lava pit and ate the Gronkle alive, making all the other dragons and Frida cower in fear before the giant dragon.

Astrid: What...is that?

Hiccup quickly wanted to get the four of them out of there as soon as he heard Frida whine in fear.

Hiccup: ( to Toothless: ) Alright, buddy, we gotta get out of here. Now!

Toothless quickly escapes before the giant dragon went to eat them, it tried to lunge at Toothless, but it got a Zippleback instead. They then flew back to Berk and landed on a beach. The teens got off the night fury's back, while Frida jumped off the dragon's back before turning back into a human.

Astrid: Now it totally makes sense. It's like a giant beehive. They're the workers, and that's their queen. It controls them. ( looks at the still frightened Frida ) And scares Frida.

Frida: ( with a scared expression: ) It is the pure definition of death itself.

Astrid: ( to Hiccup: ) Let's go find your Dad.

Hiccup: No, no! Not yet. They'll...kill Toothless and Frida. Astrid, we have to think this through carefully.

Astrid: Hiccup, we just discovered the Dragon's nest. The thing we've been after since Vikings first sailed here. And you want to keep it a secret?! To protect your pet dragon and your lycanwing " sister "?! Are you serious?!

Hiccup: ( Is dead serious: ) Yes.

Astrid: ( is impressed ) Okay. Then what do we do?

Hiccup: Just give me until tomorrow. I'll figure something out.

Astrid: Okay.

Astrid then punched Hiccup in the shoulder.

Astrid: That's for kidnapping me.

Hiccup turned to Toothless and Frida, Toothless just calmly drinking water while Frida just shrugs her shoulders in response. Astrid then gave Hiccup a quick kiss on the cheek.

Astrid: That's for... everything else.

Astrid then ran off. Frida and Toothless then walked up to Hiccup and both of them gave him knowing looks.

Hiccup: What are you two looking at?

Frida: ( honestly and a bit teasingly, to Hiccup: ) A boy that is head over claws for a blondie.

______________________________________________________________________________________

That's it for this chapter, I hope you like it

Till next time my agents of mischief 😜