Episode 84 ''The Body and the Bounty'' Part 1

Start from the beginning

I then pipe in, "Yeah, but I suggest not on your top of list of getting rid of the body, even if it decomposes faster, you still have the bones that doesn't decompose so easily." Cam looks at us shocked and confused as she asks Booth, "Anything I should know, Seeley?" We go to the dumpster as Booth shakes his head, "No, Camille." 

I look inside the dumpster as I instruct one of the FBI forensics, "I'll need you to separate out all fragments of remains from the refuse." Cam then asks me, "You think the rest of him's in here?" I shake my head moving away from the dumpster back over to the remains "I doubt it. Based on the striations on the distal end of the ulna, it's clear the hands were sawed off." 

Temp nods, "I must say this was a well-conceived method for disposal." Booth looks at her, "Right, is that how you would do it?" She looks at him with seriousness, "I'm sorry, I can't share my murder plans with you." "Why?" "You are dating a journalist. If, in a postcoital haze, you relayed my method, she might print it for killers everywhere to see." Cam and I watch the two as she looked completely confused and a bit worried, while I watched amused as Booth tells Temp, "Why? Because, you know, dismemberment and murder is my topic of conversation after sex." Temp shrugs showing that she doesn't really know what he talks about after sex as Cam just says wanting to go back to the case, "There is something unusual about the phalanges, Dr. Brennan, Venus."

Temp lifts the hand up to exam it as she then says, "A flattened exostosis on the first metacarpal and the proximal phalanx." I then answer knowing all to well that was, "Oh, that's what many people get from shooting bigger guns." Booth looks at the hand as he nods, "Yeah, even I know what that is. Old Army Ranger buddy of mine had the same injury. He got it from shooting a Desert Eagle handgun." Cam asks, "You think he's military?" 

Booth and I both shake our heads as I say, "No definitely not this victim." Booth adds, "But this guy definitely had a thing for big guns." I nod, "Yeah, maybe even a bounty hunter most likely explains these types of injury on the hand." Temp nods, "The evidence is consistent with your theory." I shrug a bit as Booth says, "That's right, see, 'cause I always get my man." Temp then points out, "I am a woman." I chuckle a bit as the other two both have their own looks.

Back at the lab I was waiting outside the Jeffersonian as I then Science Dude. He stars in a TV series for kids in where he talks all about science. I've gotten an email from him last week wanting to do an episode here with Temp and I was very thrilled since it would help promote the Jeffersonian as well give many kids inspiration to pursue these types of fields. I even told Wendell about it and he was also thrilled about it. As he told me many things about the show. I've never watched the show before but him telling me what Science Dude does in a few of his episodes is sounds exciting.

Dr. Science Dude comes up to me as I say, "It's a pleasure to meet you Professor Bunsen Jude. I'm Dr. Venus Brennan the Director of the Jeffersonian Institution. But I mostly go by Dr. Venus here." He has a big smile shaking my hand, "It's a pleasure meeting you Dr. Venus, it's an honor to be invited here and you let me use your magnificent institute to do my show." I nod, "It's my pleasure and I'm also honored that you want to do an episode here at our lab. Please follow me." 

He nods as I begin guiding him to the lab as I explain some things to him, "We are currently working on a case, but it shouldn't be to much of a problem to set up props in the lab." He nods, "I see, not to worry, we can shoot it after you finish your investigation." "Thank you. Another thing we discussed earlier in our emails is you wanting my sister Dr. Temperence Brennan on your show, correct?" 

He nods, "Correct, I would love to show children all around how anybody can turn into a magnificent scientist as Dr. Brennan. But I would've also liked if you joined in as well Dr. Venus. You yourself are amazing scientist and accomplished a lot despite your young age. You running the Jeffersonian is proof of how amazing you are."