Episode 5 "The Man in the Wall" Part 1

-Venus POV-

I walk into Temps office with Angie as she wanted to take Temp out to a club. We enter seeing Temp still working and Angie speaks up. "Come on, honey. If we don't leave now, we won't get into the club." "I'm just finishing up a few e-mails." "Oh, what?" "My publisher wants to schedule a book tour. I'm just confirming dates." "Okay, that can wait, honey." "There's a student that need help identifying the cause of a facture on a lateral epicondyle." "TGIF. You heard of that?" "Yeah. It's some kind of acronym." "But my in-box is full." "We know that's not true." "And there's a TV show that needs research. Not that they listen." Angie grabs Temps papers and puts it down and grabs her. "We're going." "I really should catalogue that skull. It's in the museum's exhibit on the French Revolution." "Yeah. Pepe LePew is more important than booze and boys." "I don't think that's his name. Also why is Venus coming with us. She is twenty she can't drink yet." "That is true sis, but I am not going to drink. I am your driver and guardian when you both are drinking. I am to make sure you both have fun and be safe for the night. As you make me carry you both when passed out from all the drinking." Temp nods, "Thank you." "No problem, I am happy to sacrifice myself for you both."

We make it into the club with ease and we are at the bar as Temp and Angie are drinking. I am standing next to them looking around the place as Angie speaks to us. "Feels good, doesn't it? Being with people who are alive." I nod as Temp says "It's very stimulating, I have to admit." We start walking to the dancefloor as I stand behind the two as Angie speaks again. "We are so going to tear it up tonight." Temp asks, "That's slang, right?" I nod "It is sis." "Is my costume all right?" I chuckle at my sister use of words as Angie speaks "Honey, it's not a costume- it's a cute outfit- and, yes, it looks perfect." "I know, it's very... it's very warm here." "No, because it looks great. And you two are so getting checked out." I blush at her words, but I don't say anything as Temp says "I love this music!" Angie then gushes "DJ Rulz! He is so hot!" I speak in "Ehh, not my cup of tea." 

Temp then adds as we dance to the music "It's so tribal." "Uh, sis you don't say tribal here." "Why? Oh, because of all the black people?" People start looking at us as Angie starts talking to Temp, "Honey, just for tonight, have fun, stop dissecting and take part." "Well, African-Americans aren't the only ones with a tribal heritage." A woman walks up to us talking to Temp. "You saying we're natives in some tribe?" Temp starts speaking to her as I put myself in front of her and Angie. "Anthropologically speaking, we're all members of tribes." Another woman comes up to us as I push Temp and Angie more behind me. "You'd better shut your mouth." "I just meant hip-hop mirrors the direct visceral connection you see in tribal communication." Then a man comes up to us angry, "What?" 

Temp doesn't stop talking as I push her and Angie back away from the group. "After the Cartesian split in the 17th century, we separated our minds from our bodies, the numinous from the animalistic." The first women speaks up "Are you calling me an animal, fool?" The second understood what Temp was saying and spoke to the first women "No, fool. She's using Descartes' philosophy to say she's down with the music." "Now, who are you calling a fool, fool?" The first women push the second women. She then turns to us seeing me in front of Temp and Angie she then says, "Get out of my way." She takes a step to push me but I just move myself and the girls as the women trips and falls down herself.  We start making our way out as Angie speaks "We're going. We're going." I stopped and turned around seeing the guy about to grab Temp saying, "You shouldn't have done that, bitch." I grabbed his arm that was about to grab Temp and twist his arm over and kicked his back to a wall. I take two steps forward as he breaks the wall and white powder comes out of it covering me first then the celling breaks releasing white powder over everyone else. Angie then tastes some realizing what it is, "Uh-oh." I turn and look at her "What is it Angie?" Before she could answer another part breaks as the powder falls on me making my hair a bit whiter then the others. The three of us looks over seeing a mummified body in the wall. We looked at each other as I sneezed, making the cocaine fall of my head a bit."