Episode 67 "The Foot in the Floreclosure" Part 1

Venus POV-

We are at the dinner with Sweets as he says to Booth, "I thought your grandfather lived in a nursing home." "It's a retirement community. It's not a prison. He can leave anytime that he wants." Temp then says, "I think it's nice he wants to stay with you for a while." I nod agreeing, "I agree. I would also love to meet him and hang out. He seems like a very charming person." Sweets then asks, "Did something happen in the nursing home?" "You know what? If I tell you, you're just gonna read into it and all sorts of stuff." Temp then says, "Ven and I won't." I nod agreeing drinking some coffee as Booth says, "He slugged a nurse." I then say, "Huh?" "A male nurse." Sweets nods, "Okay. Well, actually, that's pretty straightforward. Hostile, aggressive, antisocial behavior-" Booth cuts him off, "Sweets. He wanted to smoke a cigar in his room." "A cigar? That's interesting." "No, it's not. He's a tough guy. That's all." We then hear someone in the restaurant yell out, "Hey, Shrimp! Shrimp!" We look and see it was an older gentleman with a suitcase as Booth says, "Hey, Pops! How ya doin'?" We all stand up as Booth goes to great his grandpa as Sweets questions us, "Shrimp?" Temp then says, "I imagine Booth used to be shorter." "Oh." I chuckle at the two shaking my head.

We watch as Booth happily greats his grandpa, "Ha, ha! Pops. Bring it over! How ya doin'? Bang, bang. Come on over, Pops." "Nice place. The ptomaine come with the food, or do you have to order it on the side?" He laughs nervously and points over to Temp, "This here's Dr. Temperance Brennan." Temp shakes his hand, "Very nice to meet you, Mr. Booth." He looks at Booth, "Wow. You weren't kidding." He kisses Temps hand as Booth just looks at him as I ask Booth, "Hey Ranger... what did you tell him?" "Nothing." He looks at his Grandpa, "You can give her hand back now." "All right. You can call me Hank, sweetheart." "Okay, Hank." He then looks over at Sweets and I as he says, "And who's these, a friend of Parker's?" We laugh as I then say, "I wish, Parker is too bright for me to be his friend." Booth then says, "This here is Dr. Brennan's younger sister, Dr. Venus Brennan." He looks at me, "Oh, I've heard great things as well about you young one, call me Pops as well." I smile, "Well, I've also heard amazing things about you as well Pop. It's an honor to meet you." We shake hands as Booth then points over to Sweets, "This here's Dr. Sweets." Pops looked at him, "A doctor? I don't think so." "No, it is."  Temp and I nod, "It's true." Pop's then asks Sweets, "Where'd you get your M.D., in a Cracker Jack box?" Booth chuckles, "Yeah." Sweets then says, "What? But Venus and I are the same age... I am older than her by a few months."

Pops sits on a stool then says, "So, what do you got on score? I'm ready for some action." Booth nods as we all sit down, "Well, I figure we'd play some dominoes, and then, after that, maybe go-" He gets interrupted by his phone ringing, "Sorry. Excuse me. Sorry, Pops." He answers, "Booth. Yeah. Okay. On our way." He hangs up and looks at Temp and I, "Got a case." We stand up as Pops does so as well, "Good! I can help. I-I was an M.P., you know." I smile as Booth says to Pops, "You can't come, Pops. Why don't you meet me back at the apartment, all right?" "All right. All right. I'll call a cab." Temp, Booth and I say, "No." Booth continued, "No, Sweets here- He'll give you a ride, okay, Pops?" Temp shakes his hand first, "It was nice to meet you, Hank." "Sure." I then go next as I take some keys out as I say, "I hope we could hang out with each other more after this Pops. Here take my car keys. You two could ride in fashion back to Ranger's apartment." I then feel my pockets and grab a card out handing it to him. "My number is on this card if you want to talk to me or you could go to this address as well. This is where Temp and I work so you could go up to the front desk and just say that you're here with me and they will treat you well and take you anything that you want or need if I am not there." He nods, "All right."

We get to the crime scene as Temp says to Booth, "Are you sure you can handle him? He must've been in a nursing home for some reason." "Oh, Pops. He had triple bypass surgery about, oh, I'd say three months ago. He didn't wanna be on his own. Hey, if he wants to be with me now, that's cool." "What if he wants to make it permanent?" "He's family, Bones. Nothing trumps family. Just remember that, okay?' I nod looking at Temp, "He's right Temp. Family is important." We walk up the steps to a home as Booth shows some officers his badge as he says, "All right. Let's go. Open up." They let us in as Booth says, "After you both, Bones, Blueberry." We enter inside as we see two people walking up to us as the man says, "This wouldn't have happened if I'd been here. She told me to move out. Said the place would look better." The lady then tells him, "Let me handle this." She then looks at us, "Hi. I'm Katie Selnick. I'm the real estate agent, and this is Howard Fileman. He's the owner of the house." She hands Booth her card as she continues, "I know that this is a really bad time, but it is a buyer's market, so if you could poss-" Booth stops her knowing what she was trying to do, "Whoa. Show a little compassion, all right?" We begin to walk away towards the body as Booth tells Ms. Selnick, "I need a list of everyone who had access to the house. That includes real estate agents. That includes clients." "That's an awfully long list." "Then you better get start getting to work there, Katie. Here you go." We enter the room seeing the bed full of ashes as Booth then tells them, "Please stay there. Thank you."