Episode 53 "The Hero in the Hold" Part 1

-Venus POV-

Temp, Hodgins, and I are sitting in the FBI conference room meeting with a federal judge, "Director Brennan, Dr. Brennan, Dr. Hodgins, Mr. Vega, thank you for coming." Mr. Vega then speaks, "You get a 'notice to appear' from a federal judge, you appear." I nod adding, "I assume this has something to do with the Grave Digger." Hodgins adds, "The only thing the four of us have in common is that kidnapper." A women that was with us introduces herself, "My name is Heather Taffet. I'm the United States Attorney assigned to the Grave Digger case last month." Temp then asks, "What happened to Ms. Kurland?" Hodgins answered, "She was killed in a car accident in Boston." Mr. Vega then says, "So, what, you think the Grave Digger had Kurland killed because she was getting close?" Hodgins intervene, "She wasn't getting close. She was barely conducting an investigation."

I nod, "You are right Hodgins. Plus, nothing has moved in the Grave Digger case in months. So what has happened Judge?" I give him a not pleasing look as he then says, "You are very observant Director Brennan." I shrug a bit, "Need to be if I want to run a very well known Institution." The judge continues, "It turns out something did move." Ms. Taffet then speaks, "Some evidence has gone missing." Temp then says, "You suspect that one of us stole Grave Digger evidence? From the FBI?" She shrugs, "Mr. Vega is a former FBI agent as well as a best-selling author on the Grave Digger. You three contract out to the FBI..." The Judge then says, "Let me make this very clear- if any of you has any evidence linked to the Grave Digger, case, I am ordering you as a federal judge to turn it over to Ms. Taffet." 

I then stand up making everyone look at me as I look at the Judge and Taffet, "I have listened to what you have said, very patiently. But I must ask, is that all you have... suspicion. If so, I really don't appreciate either of you for making such accusation to my people and myself. I may as well make my own suspicion if we are doing that. I mean it might've also been Ms. Taffet who took the evidence." Ms. Taffet was about to say something but I cut her off continuing, "Please don't intrupt me Ms. Taffet, I am just making my own speculations as you did with my team and I. As I was saying, isn't it odd to you judge that when Ms. Taffet who just entered the case because of Ms. Kurland passing the evidence is gone. She is also associated with the FBI more then us." The judge then says calmly, "Director Brennan, you have no evidence of those accusation." I nod, "You are correct Judge, so does that also mean that you have any evidence that will tie us as well to the missing evidence? If not then I will be excusing myself as I have other matters to attend." 

Temp was smiling as Hodgins was smirking at how I outsmarted them." The judge seemed to understand my complaint as he sighs nodding, "I see your point Director Brennan. It is foolish of us to make accusations without any sort of evidence to back up. I apologize on behalf of me and Ms. Taffet. But would you be able to stay a bit longer discussing about the case?" I give him a soft smile, "I accept your apologies, but I do need to attend to something else.  But if my colleges are okay staying longer for the rest of the meeting, they will inform me of anything that goes on throughout the meeting." I look at Temp and Hodgins as Temp says, "I would be able to stay for a bit longer." Hodgins nods, "Yeah, I am cool with that. We will make sure to tell you what happens during the meeting later." I smile and nod, "All right. May I then be excused?" Ms. Taffet seemed she wanted to argue against it as the judge stopped her as he says, "Yes. You may be excused. I am once again sorry for the events earlier." I smile, "It's all right judge. We could now put this in the past and make amends, aren't I right Ms. Taffet?" I look at her as I notice a gleam of hatred in her eyes towards me as she smiles, "Yes, it is best to put these things in the past."  I nod giving everyone a goodbye and left in my 1969 Ford Mustang Boss 429 towards Booths place as he wanted to use my car to make an cool entrance.

"  I nod giving everyone a goodbye and left in my 1969 Ford Mustang Boss 429 towards Booths place as he wanted to use my car to make an cool entrance