Episode 76 "The Predator in the Pool" Part 2

Venus POV

We went back to the aquarium with Booth into one of their labs as Temp says, "Excuse me. We're back." Dr. Stoddard looks at us, "I see that. Can I help you with something?" She looked a bit annoyed as Booth chuckles as I looked confused with Temp as she asks Booth, "Why is she using that tone?" "Well, she just doesn't like being pinned as a murder suspect." Dr. Stoddard then says, "I can deal with that. What I don't like... is having every piece of information I give you double-checked. What can I do for you?" "We wanna take a look at your hypodermic needles." "All right. What sort of needles?" "Blueberry. Bones." I answer, "Fourteen-gauge with a round hub and a blunted tip." Booth nods adding, "Exactly." Dr. Stoddard thinks a bit but shakes her head, "Uh, we don't carry anything like that." Booth nods, "Okay. Anything similar?" I realize you need to double check, so please, go right ahead." She opens the drawer where the syringes and gloves are kept as I begin checking as Booth adds, "Also need to know who had access to it the night the victim died." "I wasn't back here that night."

I found nothing as I close the drawer as I look at the fishes inside the tank, "What's wrong with these angelfish?" "They've been listless the past few days. Most likely due to something they ingested." The three of us looked at each other as Booth adds, "Or someone." I nod, "We should take these fish back to the lab." Dr. Stoddard shakes her head, "No, you can't. These are a gift from Morocco." I looked at her, "They need to be tested... for trace evidence." Booth grabs a fishnet, "We'll get 'em back to you." I shrug a bit as Temp says, "We may or may not get them back to you." Booth then stops a moment and looks at Dr. Stoddard, "Wait. You just said that you weren't here that night. You already said that you were." "No. Not in this area. No one was back here after midnight. I was out in the lobby helping with the kids." "Kids? What kids?" "Our educational department hosts field trips for local elementary students. I was helping the teacher." It seems that we had another lead as we thanked her taking the fishes with us and leave.

 We are in Angie's workspace sitting around the small seating area looking through photos that Booth got developed from fourth graders who were there at the night of the murder as Angie says, "So I'm looking for evidence of shark attack and murder... while simultaneously judging a photo contest?" I nod as Temp says, "You possess the necessary overlapping skills." "Well between 36 disposables and 10 cell phone cameras, we've got quite a collection." I chuckle a bit nodding, "Many of these are cute funny photos." Temp then asks, "So you said that coffee isn't code for anything, right?" We look at her as Angie says, "Honey, I think you need to stop worrying about sex codes. Hacker is a very up-front guy... who is also extremely politically savvy. Talk about strange overlapping skills, huh?" "I don't know what that means." I then explain, "Hacker is very sophisticated in his job, but he's much more transparent in his personal life." Angie nods adding, "Does that sound like anybody you know?" Temp asks shocked, "Me? So you mean we're compatible?" Angie and I looked at each other as she then tells Temp, "Well, you know who we think you belong with." "I don't belong with anyone, Angela. Do you?" "Well, I'm grappling with those same issues. So, yes, go have coffee with Hacker." I add, "And if it goes well, then maybe you guys can graduate to lunch."

Temp nods as she then asks, "What should I wear?" I look at her confused, "Clothing?" Temp gives me a look before going back to the photos flipping some more until she spots something in one of the photo's and shows us, "Look at this." I nod as Angie asks, "Let me see that one." She takes the photo standing up to the computer, "Let me see if I can scan this." She puts the phot on the scanner as we see it developed onto the screen getting a bigger image of it, "Well, it's definitely a person." I then add, "That's not our victim. The proportions are wrong." Temp nods adding, "But no one was supposed to be back there." Angie adds, "At 2:30 a.m." I then say, "Hodgins said that the victim died in the tank between midnight and 6:00 a.m." Angie then says, "So this could definitely be our killer."