Episode 46 "The Perfect Pieces in the Purple Pond" Part 2

-Venus POV-

Temp and Booth went to check out the hotel where Jared went to for the seminar thing as I was in Angie's office lying down on her couch that faced away from the door. I was working through some paperwork as she was doing the same occasionally asking some questions on what she should put on certain areas as I hear someone coming over to the door. I stayed in my place as Angie looks over at the door as she says, "Hey, Wendell. Come in." I guess he still hasn't seen me as I hear him step inside as she asks, "What can I do for you?" "I was looking for Venus, but then I remember you said come to you with questions." I listen not saying anything as I gave a hush tone to Angie who looked at me as she got the message looking back at Wendell noding as he then says, "I owe people money." "It's not technically a question, so there's not much for me to go on." "What I got to do is keep my nose clean, graduate at the top of my class, and get a good job so I can pay off that debt." "You're worried about getting fired because you can't satisfy Dr. Brennan, right?" "Never mind. I'll try finding Venus again." Angie and I look at each other as I motion for her to bring him back so we could handle his concern as she gets up from her desk, "Wendell... Wendell, hold on. You never actually asked me a question."

I could hear him stop right in front of the door as he then says, "The guy, the psycho who helped the serial killer?" It pained me a bit from hearing people thinking Zack as that type of person as they don't know who he actually is. Angie looks over at me seeing the bit of hurt on my face as she then says to Wendell, "Could you please not call Zack a psycho? Crazy as it sounds, we all love him... especially Venus who was her best friend..." Wendell nods a bit then asks, "He was Dr. Brennan's boy toy, right?" Angie and I were confused as she asks, "What, boy toy, as in... sexual?" He nods as she scoffs, "No. Where did you get that...? No. Absolutely not. If anything, he would've had the hots on Ven..." I thought this was the perfect time to interrupt as I started blushing, "Not true!"

This startled the both of them as I get up from the couch and walked over to the two. "First of all Zack was never Temp's boy toy. Second we already talk about us just being friends Angie. Third, she is right about not calling Zack a psycho... I don't like when people call him that. So please don't, all right?" I look at Wendell as he nods understanding and still a bit surprised for not noticing me there as I say, "And lastly you don't need to go looking for me anymore as I am right in front of you. So what else do you have to ask." "How about the FBI guy." "Again, no. Wrong." "Then she hit on me." "I don't think so." "She looked at me right in the eyes and asked if I had any experience with older women. It's like, if you want to work around here you gotta..."

I then cut him off by placing my hands on his shoulder making him look at me, "Wendell, stop. You need to understand that she did not mean it that way at all, because she absolutely didn't hit on you. She was genuinely asking out about you opinion on whatever she asked you about because the case involves the victim having a relationship with a women that was 20 years older than her. You understand?" He nods looking at my eyes as I smile, "Good, I'm glad we talked. And if anything, we could talk more later, all right." He nods, "Yeah... I would like that." I smile, "All right, talk to you later and get back to work." He nods as I start heading back to the couch as he asks, "Where you going?" "Back on the couch to finish some last paperwork before Angie finishes with the victim cell-phone." He nods leaving as Angie looks at me, "You seem close with him." I nod, "Yes... Yes, I am. Why?" She shrugs smiling, "No reason." I nod looking at her seeing that something was bothering her, "Are you okay Angie?" She nods, "Yeah. Just thinking about something." I nod, "All right, but if anything, tell me about it and I could help you out." She smiles and nods as we get back to work.

An hour later Angie was on the computer as I walk up to her, "You get anything off the victim's cell phone?" "I was able to recreate a call list from the SIM." She brings up the log as I look seeing only person being called as I say, "He only called one number." "Once a day for 30 days at exactly the same time." "Who is it?" I called the number and recorded the answer:" She plays it as we hear a receptionist, "Forward-Retro Publishing. How may I direct your call?" Angie then asks, "Does that mean anything to you?" I nod, "Yes, it does. Foward-Retro is the publisher who dropped Jarred Addison after his second book, the one who never wanted to talk to him again." We both look at the Jared's photo as I then say, "I'll let Ranger know what you found. You did another amazing job Angie." "Thank you, I'll be here all day." We chuckle as I make the call to Booth.