Episode 49 "The Con Man in the Meth Lab" Part 3

-No One POV-

Brennan and Venus were dropped off and went their separate ways as Venus had gone straight to her office to figure about Booth's credit being taken as she makes some last connections to and deal offers to make things right for Booth, even if there were some things that she had to trade for even if she didn't like the idea. She would do it for any of her close friends that she considers as family. Brennan had gone to the second floor to meet Cam as she walks towards her. "Hello." Cam turns around seeing her, "Dr. Brennan. I don't want you to think this is an intervention." Brennan then sees Sweets there as well as she says, "I don't know what that means." Sweets explains, "An intervention is when a group of loved ones bands together to help one of their own make a difficult decision." Cam then says, "Oh, then, then it is an intervention." Brennan then asks, "Are you my loved ones?" Sweets speaks, "I was troubled by a conversation I had with Jared Booth." Cam nods, "Sweets came to me with some theories about Booth's family life, and he pretty much nailed it." Brennan was confused, "Nailed what?"

Sweets sits telling Brennan, "Sit down." She does so as everyone is seated as Sweets starts saying, "Booth and Jared are children of a physically abusive alcoholic father." Cam continues, "Booth's been digging Jared out of trouble since they were kids. Jared always come up smelling like a rose and Booth takes the hit." Sweets adds, "He's denying his brother the opportunity to take responsibility and learn from his mistakes." Brennan shake her head, "You have no evidence of that." "I've known the Booth boys for 15 years." Sweets the adds, "Now, it's natural to be protective of a younger sibling. Of course, Jared is a grown man- an intelligent, talented, capable adult." Brennan smiles, "I like him very much." Cam nods, "Yeah, well, cut it out." "Booth shouldn't be threatened by the fact that his brother is more successful. Even Venus who is similar to Booth also feels threatened by Jared's success."

This confused the two for a bit as Cam says, "Okay one, I am absolutely certain that however it is Booth lost all the credit for that RICO bust, it's because of Jared. Two what do you mean by similar to Booth and her also feeling threatened?" "We're all scientist here, right?" She looks at Sweets, "Well... not you. What is your evidence?" Cam speaks, "How about this? The last time I told Booth what I thought of Jared, he didn't speak to me for six months." "That is an anecdote." "We're saying maybe Booth deserves the benefit of the doubt here until all the evidence is in. As for Venus, you didn't also compare her to both Booth's as well, right?" "Well, isn't it natural since they all served in the military especially her and Jared in the same branch. They even have the same ranking, but instead of being head of a department in the Pentagon and being known just by looking at them like Jared. She chose to not take that success to become a very well-known faceless person that is only known by name."

Cam and Sweets look at each other as they sigh. Sweets decided to take the lead on this one as he says, "Dr. Brennan you must understand that your sister has a very different situation then the Booth's brothers. You say that she is very similar to Booth, correct?" "Yes." "That is because she sees him as an ideal mentor/sibling figure." "I am her sibling, but she doesn't act similar to me or Russ." "She is, but you can't relate to her on certain things that he can." "I don't follow." "All right she was put into the foster system at a young age and didn't have anyone she could rely on." "I didn't either, that doesn't make me similar to Booth." "That's true, but you only spent only for about two years before someone got you out, correct?" "Yes, that is true." "Venus didn't. She spent all of her years in the foster system only relying on herself to find a way out, but at thirteen when she finally got out, she was put into a secret program that trained and enforced her to become weapon for them. She didn't want that and neither did she had anyone to rely on to help her out. She then spent five years fighting. As a child you would be traumatize for seeing someone die right before your eyes, but she had to see it constantly even being the having to cause those deaths. For her the only way for her to survive was to be the best and go up the ranks. But by the age of 18 she found another path that led to hope of freedom and happiness she had longed for. She was doing very well ranking up quickly and could've chosen the path of success and would've been in Jared's position or even higher, but she chose the other path in which she chose her happiness of having a family she longed for. That is why she isn't similar to Booth because he never experienced that as he chose to join the military. But he can relate to her on that feeling of taking a life and that is what makes her confined in Booth more."