Episode 13 "The Man in the Morgue" Part 1

-Venus POV-

Temp and I are at New Orleans identifying bodies caused by hurricane Katrina destroyed so many homes and took many lives. Boss and I decided that it was a good idea if I went along with Temp to load off the workload and we it would be easier and faster to identify all the bodies with both of us there. Temp was taking notes as I was reading the lists of people we still need to identify as we wait for the next bodies to come up. We then hear Dr. Graham Legiere talk with Mike who is rolling in with the next body. "You look tired, Mike. Late night?" "Oh, yeah. Late and nasty." "Same kinky creature?" "Doc, the girl carries a serious perv swerve." "Feeling wrong feels so good." They both laugh as they notice Temp and I look at them as Mike sneaked first, "Hey, sorry, Dr. Brennan, Dr. Venus." I chuckle and shake my head, "It's fine." Temp then answered, "No, it's fine. Males often bond by exaggerating sexual conquests." Graham then speaks, "Oh, Mike's not exaggerating. This girl is seriously turned on by coffins. Mike'll take her into the cooler in ..." "Doc." 

We then hear Zack speaking, "Some libidos are enflamed by a proximity to death." Mike then asks, "Who's that?" I smiled, "That is Dr. Brennan's assistant and my best friend, Zack. Back in DC." Zack then continues to speak, "Congratulations on your coffin sex." "I've got work to do." Mike then leaves as Zack continues, "Some of the information you've sent for analysis seems to have come from remains that have already been embalmed." I nod continuing, "The bodies were underneath by the flooding. They have to be ID'd and reburied." "Could fly down there to help, Dr. Brennan, Venus." I chuckle as Temp answered, "A: tomorrow's our last day, and B: the sex on the coffin thing is not guaranteed." I chuckle as I watch Zack drops his file a bit as I examined the remains with Temp. Graham then speaks, "You know, there are reasons they call this The Big Easy -- even after Hurricane Katrina." He then knocks over equipment as I still focused on the body and Temp looks over at him and chuckled.

A man then call's our name, "Dr. Venus, Dr. Brennan. Meet John Doe 361." Then Detective Rose Harding comes over to us as well. "We found this one in the Ninth Ward, sticking out of the mud." I nod as Temp speaks, "Good afternoon, Detective Harding. Male, 40s." The man named Embry then speaks, "Badly decomposed. Looks pretty banged up." Detective Harding agrees, "Yep. Be nice to know if it was hurricane, flood or foul play that killed him." I start examining the John Doe 361 as Graham speaks, "Detective Harding, have you been into the cooler lately? Apparently, some libidos are enflamed by the proximity to death." "God, Graham. Thinking about sex in this place should be illegal, if it ain't already." She leaves as I speak up, "Oh, Sam, I'm going to need X-rays on this one please." Embry then speaks after seeing something, "Uh, looks like there's something lodged behind his teeth."

Graham then speaks, "You both been working 48 hours straight. You need an evening off." Temp then speaks, "I only have one vacation day left." "I am just sticking with her, making sure she doesn't go overboard, or take over when she needs a break." Graham then looks at Temp, "What are you, doing penance for FEMA? Why don't you let me cook you dinner tonight?" Temp looks at him, "I don't know." "Come on. I'm a Southern gentleman, ma'am. Your honor will be respected." Sam then speaks, "Yeah." I chuckle as I gave a nod at Temp and she looks back at Graham. "Tell you what, Graham. We'll see what the X-rays tell us about this one and then, maybe... we'll get a bite to eat." He nods as I pat Grahams back. "It's fine, she will most likely go with you as I will push her to take a break and I will deal with the John Doe 361 when the X-rays come back with what ever information it gives us." He nods, "All right."

-No Ones POV-

We find Brennan on the bathroom floor surrounded by blood, and she was bleeding from her head. She quickly wakes up getting up slowly in pain seeing that she is covered on blood. She then starts to get little flash backs of the event but not enough to make out what happened. She slowly sits all the way up and tries to get up by grabbing the countertop and pulling herself up but can't as her wrist is injured. She uses her elbow and pushes herself up and looks in the mirror seeing herself covered in blood and has a head injury that she is bleeding from as well. She sees that she is missing an earring and looks past her head through the mirror and sees that there is something inside the tub. She turns around to check and sees Venus in the tub also covered in blood not awake.