Episode 12 "The Man with the Bone" Part 3

-No Ones POV-

It is dark outside as Hodgins went over back to the shaft and have a drink with Dane by his trailer drinking beer. Dane spoke first, "Well, my father worked a fishing boat, his dad before that. Heck, me and my brother, we never knew anything but the sea. Hunting for treasure just sort of grew out of that, I guess. " "Any regrets?" "Sure. My brother." "Yeah." "That and the fact they might shut us down." "Hey, not if we find something. Huh?" "You know, I thought you were going to turn out to be just another desk jockey who'd read a few books and was looking for something to brighten up his boring-ass life." "I'll tell you what, I'd be down that shaft right now if Big Brother didn't have a minimum time requirement between dives. Or if Venus give me the thumbs up to go down there." 

"You deserve to be here. You really do. But it would be nice to see that pretty doc of yours." "Thanks for that, man. Oh, and Venus is fun to be around with until you make her pissed... You don't want to see that. I guess it's all right to tell you. The bones were planted." Dane smirks and does a small chuckle, "You don't seem surprised." "Eh, nothing surprises me out of that pit anymore. Nah. I mean, you dig down far enough, you'll come out in hell. So, uh... if you don't find anything, are you gonna shut us down?" "Hey, I'm not FBI. I'm just a scientist." "It's a crime scene. I'm surprised they let you down there." "I'm an expert in silt, plants, and insects- I got three doctorates... and Venus is able to be very persuasive with the FBI. But still..." "Whoa!" "When you got three doctorates, and you tell the FBI you need more samples, who's gonna argue? One doctorate, yeah, maybe they argue, but three?" "You want to go back down again, don't you?" Hodgins inhales and exhales sharply, thinking about it for a few seconds. "I could use your help, man." "You got the bug, man!" "Hey, like I said, I am the bug man." They both cheered and raised their beers up.

-Venus POV-

It is morning and Temp, Booth, and I were back at the docks talking to Hardewicke. "If you lost the bones, how do you know they're fake?" Booth answers, "Thieves, they didn't get everything." "Ah. Stroke of luck for the good guys." I nod, "We will find out how those bones were stolen from the Jeffersonian." "You still think I did it, don't you?" Temp then asks, "Why were you going to break up the company?" Hardewicke laughs, "Let me guess, Katie Ney told you that?" Booth then asks, "What makes you think it was Katie?" "That was a stock part of Macy's seduction technique, and it was very effective.  'I risk my life down in that hole while my partner stays safe topside.' That's how he positioned himself as the heroic explorer... which he was, by the way, when it came to the ladies." "Your partnership was intact?" "Till death did us part. I'll tell you what. I'm gonna give you guys full access to the books. You don't even need a search warrant. There's not a single way in which my life is better off without Macy. Like I said, I miss the man." He then leaves us going back to his work.

-No Ones POV-

Dr. Goodman is in Angelas workspace as they were working on Venus's theory about who could've broke into the institution and stole the bones. Angela speaks first, "The bones were stolen twice-- the first time from the pirate exhibit, the second time from the Bone Room here in the Medico-Legal Lab." Dr. Goodman nods, "The security in the lab is tighter, so the camera is continuous, but the camera in the rotunda is stop-action, every three seconds." "I started with the lab theft because we know the bones were stolen between 9:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m. Okay. Watch.. here." "The bones are gone." "Notice the time-code." "What's that?" "The camera was turned off." "Camera was turned off for one minute and 46 seconds. "It would take a lot less time than that to entire the room and gather up the bones and escape."

Dr. Goodman and Angela goes over to the Bone room and exists it as he speaks. "Now..." Angela then start the stopwatch and times themselves as Angela asks, "Dr. Goodman?" "Yes?" "Could I ask, why are we doing this investigation instead of Security?" "We shouldn't walk too quickly; it would arouse suspicion. Neither would our thief." "I'm happy to help, but we do have actual security professionals who..." "Is there any way to tell if those tapes have been doctored?" "Yeah. Since they're physical magnetic tapes, not stored digitally." "I always did like analog better. Now, I know why. I should thank Dr. Venus for installing the system that way." "My point is that I'm only an amateur at this, and I'm sure the Security Department is better equipped and trained..." "Afternoon, Paul. Best to Susan and Laura. I hope Jonny feels better." "Okay, you don't want to talk about it. I get it." They then ended up at the front desk where there are two security officers there doing their jobs. Angela then speaks, "Sir?" "Hit your stopwatch, please, Ms. Montenegro." "35.6 seconds." "Double that for a round-trip. That's one minute, ten seconds, leaving approximately 30 seconds to bag the bones and get back." "Get back where?" Dr. Goodman looks over to the front desk as Angela also looks over, "Oh... ah. Wow, you must think I'm an idiot." "I was grandstanding. I can be like that." "So we find out what guards were on duty the two thefts and we might have our thief." Dr. Goodman nods, "It seems Dr. Venus's theory is true, I shall call her and tell her of our discoveries."