Episode 42 "The Wannabe in the Weeds" Part 1

-Venus POV-

We are at crime scene looking at a very broken up body as Temp says, "Every bone appears to be broken." Booth sneezes as Cam and I say, "Bless you." "Thank you." I continue with the examination, "Pelvis fragments suggest it's a male." Booth sneezes again as I say, "Bless you." again as Cam then asks him, "Are you okay?" "Thank you, fine. Just..." Temp the says, "Particles from the cut grass are causing his mast cells to release inflammatory mediators." I chuckle adding, "In other words, Ranger here has allergies." Cam then says looking at the victim, "Given the degree of decomp, he's been dead a couple of weeks." Booth asks, "Body dump?" "Lividity's indeterminate." "Oh..." He sneezes again as Temp then looks at him, "How does a former sniper have a grass allergy? I mean, wouldn't a sneeze give away your position?" I nod knowing that is right as Booth says, "Bones, okay. I worked in the desert- it was sand, no grass.

A worker that found the body then says, "It's the crunching that got my attention." Booth then asks, "Well, did you see the body before it crunched?" "It's not my fault. You know, Johnson grass is eight feet high and dense. It's like driving in the dark." "Wow, you must've been driving fast." "I had an Internet date. I wanted to get home to shower. She's probably still waiting for me at the falafel place." Booth sneezes as I say, "Bless you." The worker then adds, "You know, Johnson grass lets off a ton of pollen, man. Your eyes could swell up. If your throat closes..." Booth stops him, "Allergies, okay? I'm fine." I look around and ask, "You didn't by any chance see a head, did you?" Booth asks, "The head's missing?" Temp then says, "I don't see it or any skull fragments." I start walking around to see if I could find it as the worker apologizes. Cam then says, "Well, I've got some brain matter here, so he had to have a head at some point." I then go over to the tractor that mows down the grass looking inside as I then find the skull as I then yell out, "Found it." 

The worker also bends down seeing the skull as he says, "Oh, my date's not gonna believe this." Temp and Cam comes over to me as I say, "The blade must've severed just below the C-5 vertebra and the force of the impact propelled the head into the grille." Booth then adds, "So, presumably, he was killed, decapitated and mulched. Wow, could it get any worse for this guy?" I shrug, "We won't know until we get back to the lab.

It was morning as we were all in the lab as I was in Cam's workspace with Angie and Zack as he says, "The bones are dense with a high degree of robusticity." Cam nods, "Well, that's consistent with his musculature. The guy was built. He was probably an athlete. I bet he was hot." Angie the adds, "Yeah, well, now he's really not." I chuckle as Cam adds, "I think he had a cold." Angie jokes again, "Looks like it was a pretty bad one." "No, I found traces of tea and honey in his stomach and the remains of a throat lozenge." Hodgins then comes in, "Oh, wow." "Victim's watch. It's totally cool. Measures heart rate, calories burned, speed, distance." Cam then quickly cuts in, "Jock- I rest my case." 

Angie adds, "It's bad enough going to the gym without getting yelled at by a watch." I chuckle, "But it does help keep you on track." She nods as Zack then says, "My regimen is easily completed in my apartment or with Venus-" I nod as he continues, "in my apartment- treadmill for 30 minutes, a hundred sit-ups, push-ups and leg lifts and 20 minutes of free weights. I'm deceptively strong." The group looks at me seeing if it is true as I nod, "He's right, but when he's with me we do more than 100 and we always do different things to focus on a different part of the muscles. It's fun having Zack around when working out." Zack adds, "Yes, she really helps me improve in my strength and durability." Cam nods, "I'm deceived." I give her a bow as Angie then says, "Hey, ontology got a match. Tommy Sour. He was reported missing two weeks ago." I nod, "All right, I will go let Ranger know what we got." They nod as I left to find Temp and Booth.

We are at home/apartment where Tommy lived as we went to visit his next-door neighbor as Booth knocked on the door. Booth then says, "I hear someone in there." I nod as Temp gets an idea, "Hey, break down the door." I chuckle as Booth says, "It' hurts my shoulder when I break down the door." He knocks again as we hear an alarm clock beeping as he then says, "What is that annoying noise?" I shrug looking at the other door as Temp then opens the door as we just notice and Booth then says, "You don't just walk in..." He stops talking as we are greeted to the person who lived in the apartment, "I'm sorry, I had my earplugs in. Can I help you with something?" "FBI Special Agent Booth. This here is Dr. Temperence Brennan and Dr. Venus Brennan from the Jeffersonian. You reported Tommy Sour missing?" "Yeah. A couple weeks ago. He lives in the unit next door." I then ask, "Can we come in?" We then hear the beeping stop as he lets us inside his home as we look around at all of his artwork.