Episode 49 "The Con Man in the Meth Lab" Part 1

-Venus POV-

Temp and I are in Sweets office as we had our sessions waiting for Booth. We hear the door open seeing Booth coming inside saying, "Hey, I'm sorry I'm late." I say, "It's fine." While Temp says, "Well, according to Sweets, chronic lateness is a way of asserting control." Sweets nods, "That's right." Booth asks her, "So, you believe that?" "No, I figured there was traffic, or something kept you at work." I chuckle a bit at her usual self as Booth says, "Exactly: work... work, Bones. Okay, I was putting the final touches on a case that's about to propel me into FBI legendary status." "Ah, the big RICO case that..." I cover Temps mouth before she could say anything else as I say, "The one we're not supposed to know anything about." Sweets looks at us, "Why don't I know about this case?" Booth then says to Temp, "Bones, it's top secret." Sweets adds, "But you told Dr. Brennan and Venus." "They're my partners, okay? Indictments any minute, followed by a pay raise, possible parade and most definitely my face on a coin." "Just in time for your birthday." "Which I will be spending in... Hawaii. Huh? Look at that." He gives Sweets a Hawaii pamphlet and Temp and I a shark one, "Shark adventures." Temp reads it, "Sharks." I nod, "Nice."

Booth phone rings as he picks it up as Sweets says, "Oh, I really wish that you wouldn't..." "Booth." "... answer your phone." "Jared?" Booth stands up looking at Sweets, "Oh, God, give me that." I then say to Sweets, "That's his brother." "Booth has a brother?" We hear Booth says, "Sounds good. I'll see you then." He hangs up going to sit back down as Temp tells Sweets, "Don't feel bad. We've never met him, either." I nod as Sweets says, "At least you knew he existed." Temp and Booth both get a call picking it up as they get up knowing what it was as Booth grabs me bringing me up as well pushing me out of the door as Sweets says, "Okay, that's enough for today, because obviously you have to go look at some horrible dismembered..." Booth closes the door before we got to hear Sweets finish his sentence.

We were at the crime scene as Temp and I look at the body as the police instructor comes over to us as Booth asks, "Any idea how the body got in there?" "I guess anyone could have done it anytime in the last three days." I then speak, "Male, 45 to 50 years old. Do we know where the rest of the remains are?" "Yes. Uh, one leg is over there, the other's over there, and the arm is over there. Did I kill this man?" Temp and I shake our heads as she says, "No" The man sighs, "Okay." Temp continued, "This man was shot in the chest." "Would you be at all upset if I had a little cry?" I then go over to the man patting him in the back, "That would not make anyone upset. What you are showing is being humane and that's very brave and tough for any person to show. Just take your time and let it out." He nods leaving as I get back to work as Booth then asks, "What's that there on the inside of his pocket?" I check inside seeing a notebook as Temp says, "This man was obviously some kind of technical designer or engineer." "Squint, huh? One of your own or more relatable like Blueberry here." I look through them, "These are quite interesting inventions..." Booth asks, "What is it?" "They are something that I would never think of designing..." "It's that good?" "Sure, if you want a better vacuum cleaner." "What?" I nod.

We are back in the lab as I walk with Hodgins and Angie as we discuss about the notebook as Hodgins says, "So, these are from the notebook found in our victim's windbreaker?" I nod as Angie says, "Blueprints, schematics, sketches." I add, "Wouldn't you love to have an automatic toilet scrubber." Hodgins chuckles, "It's like those little vacuum cleaners that move around on their own." Angie adds, "Things in a toilet bowl should not move. All right look at this... this is a show shovel with a attached heating device." Hodgins then says, "Wow, our victim was an inventor like you Venus... just less inspired and more into practical stuff." I nod, "Yes, just a bit more and they will be thinking about how to invent a better phone." 

We then hear someone clearing their throats as we turn around seeing Clark as we smile. Angie was first to go up to him, "Clark, hey." She gives him a hug as he says, "Oh, God, here we go." I chuckle, "It's not that bad Clark, just think about it being better then getting one from Hodgins." He nods as Angie says, "Really, you came back, huh?" Hodgins then adds, "You said you didn't want to work with us anymore." "No, I said my preferred working style tends towards the professional. See my tie?" I nod as he says, "That's an indicator." Angie nods, "Mm-hmm, so why'd you come back then?" I then stand next to Clark, "We'll let's say after you all drove my finest and only student away, I was able to convince him that the Jeffersonian is the finest forensic facility in the world." Clark nods as we start walking again as Hodgins says, "You want to fight MiGs, you fly MiG Alley, right?" I shrug as Clark says, "A Korean War reference? You do know that we have a brand-new war, right? It's, uh, been in the news." I then say, "He knows..."