Episode 66 "The Dwarf in the Dirt"

Venus POV

We are at a crime scene as we get out of the car. I am looking at my phone smiling at the photos Wendell sent me of him and Jupiter together as he was taking care of him right now. As Temp says to Booth, "Why aren't you cracking wise?" "Why? Because it's not 1954." "Well, shall I start making jokes?" "Just let it flow naturally, okay, Bones?" "I've noticed in the past when you're grumpy, your mood tends to elevate when you tell us about it." I nod, "Just had a bad day on the range." Temp asks, "Is that a cowboy metaphor?" "No. I just- Look, next week, I have to recertify as a marksman... and I- I don't know if I'm gonna make the grade." "Well. obviously, you need more practice." I add, "I could practice with you if you want." He shakes his head, "Maybe this is all because of my brain tumor." We stopped walking as Temp says to him, "Highly unlikely, given that aiming a firearm involves your cerebellum and occipital lobe, while your brain tumor is temporoparietal." I then suggest, "Maybe you should speak with Sweets." Meaning what- this is psychological?" I shrug as he then says, "No. I can't talk to Sweets." Temp asks, "Why not?" "Why? Because he works for the F.B.I. He's gonna tell the Bureau I'm all loopety-doopy. I can't have that."

We then continued to walk up to an officer as Booth asks, "Sinkhole?" "No, thanks. I already got one. That's it there. Big sucker." I chuckle a bit as well as Temp as Booth just says, "Let's not do that right now, Officer Navarro." He raises his hands, "All business. F.B.I. Gotcha. Road collapsed about 4:00 a.m. Broken water main. Took a car down with it, but nobody got hurt. It's mostly pumped out now." Temp asks, "Then why are we here?" "Because you two are the bone people, right? We've got bones." We look inside the sink hole as my eyes started to sparkle in excitement as I say, "And they're green... That is very interesting." I take a step closer to the sink hole as I feel someone grab onto my collar, "Wow, be careful, Blueberry." I nod then proceeded to climb down the ladder as Officer Navarro then says, "They don't look right, you ask me." Booth asks, "Why? Because they look green?" "Gt closer. That's not all that's wrong with 'em." I am checking the remains as Temp and Booth come down as I say, "Definitely human." Temp adds, "The evidence down here has been totally compromised by water." Booth then asks, "Is it a kid?" "You mean because of the small stature? No." I add, "Dentition indicates late 20s, male." Booth asks, "Why is he green?" Temp then says, "Well, that's not really our highest priority." "W-wait. How can being green not be a priority, Bones?" I then look next to me seeing a coin as I pick it up, "Oh. Gold coin." 

I tossed it to Booth as he catches it looking at it. "Look, at that, Blueberry, Bones." We then hear something rupture as water sprays out of the pipe as it creates a rainbow illusion as Booth then says, "Hey!" Temp then asks, "Oh. What happened?" I then say, "Water main break." Booth then tells his people, "Got another water main break down here." He then looks at us smiling, "Well, look at that, Blueberry, Bones. You two are at the end of a beautiful rainbow." I smile, "I feel so lucky now." But Temp says, "Where we are is at the bottom of a muddy pit." Booth then says, "Okay, think about it. End of a rainbow, little green guy, gold coins. What does that tell you?" Temp says, "That we need an umbrella and that the remains are horribly compromised." I say instead, "I got Leprechaun." Booth nods pointing at me, "Ding, you're correct." He then closes his eyes as Temp then asks, "Are you praying?" "I'm making a wish." "Same thing really. Rather than counting on superstition to make you shoot more accurately, you should just practice more." Booth frowns, "Thanks. Okay. Why don't we just get Darby O' Gill there out of the pit... and back to the lab, all right? Somebody shut the water off!" He stars climbing back up the ladder as I then say, "If it makes you feel any better, I might be feeling lucky this case!"

Temp and I are in the lab on the platform with Vincent examining the body. I watch as Temp and Vincent are trying to look over each other on one side of the examination table as I just smile as I say, "The victim was struck in his face." Temp goes around Vincent as he says, "At the nasal and the zygomatic." Temp then says, "At worst, a blow like this would knock the victim unconscious. Good find, Mr. Nigel-Murray, but not cause of death." I shake my head smiling as he says, "I've cataloged a large number of remodeled fractures... along the ribs, plus bilateral flattening of the proximal radii." I nod adding, "Enhanced muscle attachments here and here... indicate the victim was very strong." "I'd assume that was to compensate for his condition." I then ask, "What if his strength wasn't compensation for his condition, but it was led to all of these injuries?" "A super-strong dwarf, such as might be found in The Lord of the Rings." I nod agreeing as I see Temp confused as I say, "Don't mind her to much Vincent she doesn't know what you're talking about. But the victim does have all of the occupational markers of a wrestler." Vincent nods, "Oh, a midget wrestler." This time Temp and I looked at him confused as she says, "'Midget' is not the proper term. As a scientist, you should be aware."