Episode 8 "The Man in the Fallout Shelter" Part 2

-Venus POV-

It was morning and the effects have worn off and I don't remember anything from last night.  I was standing watching Booth do pull ups as Zack and Hodgins come downstairs as Zack talks. "In some cases of valley fever, supporting skin lesions appear." Booth just finished and looked at me, "I did 50 Blueberry. Could you beat that?!" "Of course, I could Ranger. I do 100 pull-ups a day. But could you give me a boost up, please. I am not that very tall, if you could tell." "Yeah, sure." Booth gives me a lift and I start counting every pull-up I do as Hodgins speaks to Zack. "Could someone in a position of responsibility please order Zack to shut up?" I am on 20 when I hear Angie coming in, "Coffee, coffee." Boss was handing out breakfast to everyone as he speaks, "Good morning, Ms. Montenegro." "Where did this come from?" I answer still doing pull-ups as everyone looks at me, "Uh, hazmat team brought it over earlier this morning." Boss nods adding, "Very... appetizing. Are you both back with us?" Booth answers, "Yeah. Think so. How much have you done there Blueberry?" "I am on 80. And to answer your question Boss, I think so as well. But I don't remember anything, plus I don't know why my eyes are a bit puffy as well... What happened last night?" Angie then speaks as I shout out 100. "You don't need to worry sweetie, go on with Brennan. She probably needs some coffee." Boss then hands me my food and Temps coffee. "Thank you. I will see you all very soon."

-No Ones POV-

Venus left as Angela starts speaking, "Since we're going to be stuck together for Christmas, we should make the most of it." Booth then asks, "How?" "We'll decorate this place and exchange handmade gifts." Dr. Goodman then speaks, "An excellent idea, Ms. Montenegro." Zack then speaks next, "I can get behind that." Hodgins then adds, "I'm in." Booth then asks AngAngela, "How about Bones and Blueberry?" They all shake their heads, "Ah, come on. What's the deal with Bones and Blueberry and Christmas?" Angela then says, "Last night, I spun a little story about two young lovers running off to Paris. But the man never shows up, and the woman is left wondering what happened to him. And I say, 'Imagine what that must have been like.' And Brennan says 'I don't have to.'" Booth then pipes in "Yeah, I-I still don't get it." Dr. Goodman then realizes what Angela was saying, "Oh, my god." "What?" Angela then continues, "Brennan and Venus parents disappeared just before Christmas when Brennan was 15 and Venus was 6. Dr. Goodman adds, "And they never knew what happened to them." Booth then speaks, "Oh, God. That explains a lot." 

Angela then speaks again, "Yeah, but that's not the saddest part. When Brennan left to solve the case, Venus started to sleep talk a little saying, 'I am sorry; please don't be mad; I want to stay with you; Tempe please." Dr. Goodman sighs, "That poor girl believed she was the cause of their parents' disappearance and not to long after and not to long after she was taken away from taken away from Temprence never to see each other again until twelve years later. So young and holding so much burden. I am surprised she is still able to keep a smile every day." Everyone nods in silence as Angela breaks the tension. "All right. We need a way to choose our Secret Santas." They all continued on their secret Santa discussions until they found the easiest solution.

-Venus POV-

Temp and I were upstairs as I was icing my puffy eyes and Temp were looking over the file as Booth was talking to us. "Feds seized the house from a man named Gil Atkins in the '60s. Proceeds of crime from fencing, dealing in jewels, stolen art. Atkins built a fallout shelter in '51. He sealed it in '58 and he died in '83. What do you got?" I spoke up with a smile, "I still got puffy eyes." Booth just shakes his head as Temp speaks, "Ah, nothing much special about our victim. You know about the toupee? Below average height, below average weight. A little frail. Had a bad back. He had a hunch, so much paperwork." Booth then speaks, "So basically a wimp." I shake my head as Temp continues, "Contents of his pockets." "Oh, compass, pen knife, some change. Listen, I got Goodman for this Secret Santa thing and I don't know what..." He was cut off from Temp, "Anthropologically speaking gifts are a way of asserting dominance in a group. Now, imagine an entire holiday devoted to self-promotion, especially in this materialistic culture. How can you expect me to get behind that? How can you get behind it?"  I was about to say something, but Booth beats me to it, "Wow. That's deep. That's a very deep pile of crap." "You came to us with information this morning, a peace offering, but it was to make you feel better, not me. Proves my point. Any idea what this is?" "No." I look at it for a bit and shake my head. "I'm not too sure, but we could go ask Boss Temp." She nods and walks away. Booth then speaks up, "You know, Bones, you make it very, very hard for me to be nice to you." I look up at him as he sighs, "Hey, Ranger..." "Yes?" "You know how to still make origami's right?" "Yes, I do. Why?" "That could be your gift for Boss." "HA!! I knew I could count on you on these things Blueberry." "Of course, you can Ranger. I am your Berry squint after all." "Yes, you are. Now let's go to Dr. Goodman."