Episode 83 ''The Maggots in the Meathead'' Part 2

Venus POV

Temp and I are grabbing our stuff to leave as we then hear knocking on Temps door as we both turn to see Wendell there as I smile, "Wendell." I go over to him giving him a hug as he hugs me back as Temp says, "Nice to see you Mr. Bray. What are you doing here though?" "Hi, Dr. B. I actually came since Venus, and I are going to have lunch. But it seems you two are going somewhere." I nod, "Yes, we are. I was busy and forgot to text you that we were going with Booth over to check out Jersey shores. But if you want you can come with us, and we'll have lunch afterwards." He was about to decline until Temp then says, "It's actually going to be a very fascinating learning experience and we get to see a close-up view of the culture and practices of Guidos."

Wendell looks at me questioning, "Guidos? As in the reality tv you were watching last night?" I nod as he then says, "I will gladly come along." I smile as I take his hand as Temp gets a text as she tells us, "Booth says he is here and to meet him down the parking lot." We nod heading to Booth. We were in the car as Wendell, and I are in the back as Temp and I are excitedly talking about the Guidos as Booth then says a bit interested in our fascination, "So what's got you two so interested?" Temp answers, "We've been studying their culture, language and customs. The Guido tribe is fascinating." Booth asks, "What, is it all right to call them that?" I ask, "A tribe? Yes." Wendell then says, "I think Booth is saying is it all right to call them Guidos." Booth nods, "Yeah, what he said." I nod a bit, "Well that's what they refer themselves."

I then look at Temp as I get excited, "But the Guido's dance rituals, tattoos, speech patterns, secret lexicons, and..." Temp nods following along agreeing as she finishes my sentence, "Ornate costumes are obvious markers." I smile nodding as I think about their body structure as I then feel a hand rub up against my thigh as I look down seeing that it was Wendell as I look at him as he has a displeasing smile seeming to know what I was thinking off as I sweat drop a bit, "Sorry." "It's alright." Booth then says to us, "They're dumb-ass kids." I nod as Temp says, "Yes. The avid focus on mating suggests a kind of protracted adolescence. 'Kids' and 'dumb ass' refer to their... determined resistance to maturity."

I then say, "That's the only off-putting thing about Guidos. No matter how great they look physically, being immature is something that I really dislike and find least attractive." Wendell looks at me with a smile, "That's good to know." I just shake my head playfully as Temp gets a call, "Hello, it's Dr. Brennan... Synthetic adrenaline...Okay." She hangs up the phone and tells us, "The tox showed high levels of alcohol, over-the-counter stimulants and men's beauty products." I nod, "That makes sense on why the maggots where jumping." Booth asks, "I'm sorry, men's what now?"

Temps explain, "Hairspray, hair gel, tanning spray and some sort of aerosolized perfume." Wendell then says, "I think you mean cologne Dr. B." Booth nods, "Men wear cologne." Temp then tells Booth, "You don't." "That's because it smells like perfume." I then suggest, "Wendell's doesn't. It gives of a soft, yet masculine sent, it's very pleasing to smell." Wendell smiles, "I glad you like it." I give him a smile as well as Booth says, "I don't need a cologne." I just chuckle and leave him be as we finally make it to the beach as we begin walking towards the house where Rickie the 'V' lived at as Temp says, "This is the perfect environment for the tribe to preen and mate."

Booth then says, "It's like trying to find a Guido in a haystack." Booth gets a call answering it as I was walking behind them looking around seeing many muscular men shirtless captivating me a bit. I then feel a hand under my chin as it turns my head facing Wendell as he then leans down close to me as he whispers, "Don't get to into others looks while I am here with you. You might regret it later when it's just you and I later." I begin blushing as I move away from his hand, "I get it. I'll try not to look." "Try?" "I'll only look when necessary." He just smiles as I then grab his hand as I add, "Plus, I could never think more or less on the person if it isn't you."