Chapter Thirty-Four: Back to School

-Morning (Meara's POV)-
As usual, I had packed our lunches last night and was dressed and ready to go a couple of minutes before Maria woke up. I walked into her room quietly and found her still asleep. I walked over to stand next to her and bent down so I closer to her head. I gave her a kiss on the forehead and tried to wake her up.
"Come on sis, time to wake up," I said softly.
She groaned but got up anyway. I left her room and a couple of minutes later, she was walking downstairs. I smiled at her and she returned it. She walked over to me and hugged me.
"It gets easier right?" She asked, her voice small and hesitant.
I nodded.
"With time yes, but there will always be a sliver of sadness. Just remember the bright side. After all, mom wouldn't want us to be sad," I mumbled.
She nodded back and we left. I dropped her off at her bus stop and drove to Ouran, wondering if everything would be the same. Gosh, I hope it will. There have been enough changes in my life already.
When I reached the doors of my class, my hand was shaking from nerves. A warm hand took my own and I nearly jumped out of my skin. I looked next to me and instantly relaxed when I saw it was Takashi. I offered a small smile and he returned it. He opened the door and I took a deep breath in before entering the room. When we entered, everything was quiet until Honey came running up and almost tackled me in an attempt to give me a hug. I hugged him back and the usual chatter of class 3A continued. I let the out the breath I didn't know I was holding and Takashi's grip on my hand loosened ever so slightly. We walked to our seats and the teacher called us to attention.
-After School-
I opened the doors to the host club and almost forgot the brightness the doors emitted when opened during club hours. I squinted and ran blindly into the light. I would've run right into something if someone didn't catch me. When I opened my eyes, my savior turned out to be none other than Takashi. I smiled bashfully and he smirked, ruffling my hair in the process. I ducked out and went over to Kyoya to see when I would need to preform next in the host club.
"Ah yes, your next performance is Friday if I recall correctly. Does that fit with your schedule?" Kyoya asked, all business.
I nodded and he sent me on my way. Just as I was about to leave, I heard frantic footsteps and looked around to see Haruhi running towards me.
"Hey! Wait! I made extra by mistake last night and figured you and your sister may want it," Haruhi said, breathing heavily from running.
I smiled at the girl from 1A and took the tuber-wear meal.
"Thank you Haruhi, that means a lot to me to know you care," I mumbled in appreciation.
She smiled and went back to her group that she had the pleasure of hosting for today. Just as I was about to leave again, I was stopped. This time by Honey and Takashi.
"You sure your okay Meer-chan?" Honey asked, clearly worried.
I was shocked, I had never seen Honey serious before so this was quite new to me. I nodded and Takashi looked at me carefully. Honey must have picked up on Takashi's glance because what he said next surprised us both.
"You make sure she's okay, okay Takashi?" Honey asked, suddenly losing most of his seriousness.
Takashi smiled and looked back me.
"Yeah," He said softly.
Honey scrambled down from the friendly giant's shoulder and Takashi took my hand, leading me out of the school. He looked over at me and held his other hand out, signalling to give him the keys. I rolled my eyes at him, but handed them off to him anyway. He got into the drivers seat and I sat shot-gun. I buckled me seat-belt and waited for the car to move. T o my surprise it didn't move. I looked over at Takashi to see him looking at me. He leaned in closer to me. Our lips meet and I responded to his kiss. Our kiss was sweet and I felt the emotion he held through it. Something wet slide across my bottom lip and I gasped softly in surprise. His tongue danced with mine and then we pulled away. My hand traveled up to my kiss swollen lips and I blushed. He chuckled and kiss my temple before buckling his own seat-belt and starting the car. I stared out of the window for a little it until we reached my sister's bus stop. I got out and greeted her, warning her of Takashi being in the car as well. She smirked than ran into the car herself. I rolled my eyes and chuckled. When I got back in, my sister was shooting question after question at Takashi.
"So are you two officially dating now?" Marie asked.
My blushed intensified and I sneaked a peak at Takashi to see his reaction. To my surprise there was a tiny bit of pink dusting his cheeks as well as he nodded his head. Marie was cheering in the background and I hung my head, not sure what to think of this predicament anymore.
When we reached our apartment complex, my sister got out with her schoolbag and made her way up to her friend's apartment instead. I'm not entirely sure why she did. I unbuckled and headed upstairs to my apartment, Takashi right behind me. We passed my neighbors on the way and they smiled and said hello. I smiled back, and Takashi waved. I opened the door to my apartment and fell onto the couch in the living room. Takashi chuckled. He moved my legs into the air then sat down with my legs on his lap. I looked over to see him playing with my socks. Why? I haven't the slightest clue, all I knew is that it tickled. A laugh escaped me and Takashi's gaze was drawn to my face. He smirked and I realized what was about to happen. I attempted to jump off the couch and run away, but he had a hold of my feet which resulted in me landing on the floor. After he assured I was okay, he made sure I couldn't escaped by sitting on my stomach. Next thing i knew, was that he was tickling me. I laughed until my sides and cheeks hurt. When he finally finished attacking me with tickles, my face was flushed, my ponytail had a few hairs escaping, and I felt physically exhausted. He brought his face closer to mine and kissed me again. He pulled away and I panted, having still not caught my breath. He chuckled at my despair and I glared at him, only slightly annoyed.
"Well would you look at that."
My eyes widened and Takashi hurried off of me. I looked up to see my Aunt looking at us with a smile o her face. I blushed and she laughed.
"Don't worry dear, I heard your laughter once I got inside. I know he didn't do anything inappropriate," Aunt Nina said with a smile.
My face flushed even more and Takashi had his own little mini blush. Aunt Nine laughed at our awkwardness and went into the kitchen.
"I assume you're staying for dinner Takashi?" Aunt Nina called from the kitchen.
"Yeah," He called back.
He looked at me with his smirk on his face and he hugged me. Until dinner, we watched TV on the couch with Maria who came home a few minutes after Aunt Nina did. Then we ate dinner, laughing at silly little stories here and there. After dinner, Takashi was getting ready to go. I walked him to the front door where he put his shoes and coat back on. He stood up and came towards me. He leaned down and captured my lips again before leaving the house. Marie started laughing and teasing me and I blushed telling her that when she got a boyfriend I would do the same to her just to get back at her for this and she laughed. I sighed, my energy was drained and I was tired. I went to bed after getting a quick shower and promptly fell asleep.

A/N: Wow that might be the most I've written for the story yet. Anyway, I'm really sorry. I won't be updating June 28th to July 2nd due to the fact I will be going on a trip with three of my older siblings and my father so I ever so humbly apologize for not updating ahead of time. I hope you enjoy this story and will keep enjoying it.