Chapter Nineteen: Beyond Nervous

-The Morning of the Date (Meara's POV)-
When I woke up the next morning, my mind was filled with worries. I still can't believe that Takashi agreed to my aunt and sister's request. 'Downright ludicrous! I mean, why would he accept this outrages offer in the first place?' I shook my head and got out of my bed before changing into a pair of jeans, a t-shirt, and throwing a hoodie on top. I heard a knock on my door. "Meara! Takashi called to say he would pick you up around four!" I heard Aunt Nina yell. I opened the door,"Okay auntie." She smiled and nodded. I closed my door again and looked at the clock above my door. '9:47 AM huh? Looks like I got quite a while until my date begins. More time to try to calm down I suppose.' I sat on my bed and hanged upside down for a little before I heard a more timid knock on my door. "Come in!" I yelled. The door opened to reveal Marie. I sat up and turned around. "What's up sis?" I asked worriedly. She shuffled in and sat on my bed with me. "I'm just sorry that Auntie and I sent that text without your permission. I heard your singing last night, you haven't really sung like that in a while," She mumbled. I frowned as my mind processed her words. 'I guess I really haven't.' "You okay sis?" Marie asked, peering into my face now. I looked at her and smiled gently, "Yeah, I'm okay. Sure I'm nervous, but that'll fade soon enough. I suppose I was just keeping too many of my feelings hoarded up at once and needed to let it out," I explained. Marie nodded. I looked back at the clock and saw that it was nearly noon. "Ready for lunch sis?" I asked looking at her again. She mumbled, "Yeah," and we walked into the kitchen. When we got there, we were meet with the sight of Aunt Nina getting ready to leave. "Oh girls," She started, "I'm going to be heading to work now. Remember Marie, go next door once Meara's date is here." Marie rolled her eyes playfully and laughed, " I got it auntie, go have fun at work!" Aunt Nina laughed as well and left with a quick goodbye thrown over her shoulder. I smiled and walked over to the fridge. "So what do you want for lunch?" I asked. Marie ran over to me and opened the fridge. "Grilled cheese!" She cheered. I laughed and caught the supplies that she threw my way. I put together our lunch and started cooking it. All the time humming, before I knew it both my sister and I were singing along to songs from movies together. We finished and I laughed as I got our sandwiches and served them. She sat down at the table and I stood near the counter. We ate our food and chatted about random things. When we finished we put our plates away and Marie cleaned the pan after offering to do so. "So, nervous anymore?" Marie asked. I gulped down my drink and realized that I was still nervous. "I still am," I mumbled. My sister laughed and put the pan away before drying her hands and putting an arm around my shoulders. "You'll be fine sis! Don't worry about it! Although, you may want to change your t-shirt now," she laughed. I joined in a moment later and went to change. I looked at the clock. '2:34 PM. Time flies when you don't pay attention I guess.' I bit the inside of my cheek in worry and went into the bathroom to brush my teeth and what not. When I left the bathroom my sister was standing by the door smiling and had my purse in her hand. I rolled my eyes at her, "You realize there is still an hour and twenty minutes before he's supposed to arrive right?" She looked up at me. "Yeah but I want to wait so I can open the door," She explained. I chuckled and rolled my eyes at her antics. I went into the living room and put on my ear buds which were connected to my iPod shuffle to listen to some music, hoping that would calm me down. I listened for music until Takashi arrived.