Chapter Eleven: Covering The Host Club?

-The Next Day At Lunch (Meara's POV)-
I sighed as I sat down, mentally exhausted by class and music running through my head. I was sitting in the little alcove where I was two days ago. 'At least it's finally Friday.' I unpacked my lunch and eat in silence until I heard some commotion from outside the garden. I walked out and saw the hosts playing red light green light. I stifled a laugh as Tamaki accused the twins of moving. I looked over to the right and saw three confused boys. I looked at them in confusion and walked up to Haruhi. "Hey what's going on?" I asked the girl disguised as a boy. "The newspaper club decided to do a cover story on the host club so Senpai has us playing games that I used to as a child," Haruhi explained. Just then, Haruhi was stolen away and asked questions by the newspaper club's president. 'Okay that dude is either really devoted to his job, or he's mentally unstable. I'm going to go with both.' I walked over to sit under a tree and put my earbuds back in my ears as I finished my water. I felt someone sit next to me and saw that M- Takashi had sat down next to me. I smiled in greeting and held out the water bottle as an offering. He smiled back and took a sip of my water before handing it back. Just then Tamaki exclaimed we were going to be playing kick-the-can. Kyoya got stuck counting and Tamaki ran off with Haruhi. I rolled my eyes as his antics and looked at the rest of the members that weren't moving. When Kyoya was sure that Tamaki was gone, he got up and everyone headed towards the club room the newspaper club was in. I followed behind them out of boredom and curiosity of what would happen. I watched in the shadows as the other club explained that they were going to basically trash talk Tamaki and as each club member stood up and spoke out against it. 'These guys are real friends to each other. They don't let anyone talk that way about their friends.' My lips grew a smile as I realized Kyoya had them trapped when he popped a disk out of a first aid kit and explained it recorded their whole conversation. He went on the say how any two of the families in that room combined could easily destroy the president's family's company and cautioned him that if he published that article, his club would be shut down. 'Well done shadow king.' My eyes drifted over to Takashi and I was surprised as our eyes meet. Before long, we're looking for Haruhi and Tamaki again. We find them at the table in the little alcove where I ate my lunch. As everyone else walked away, I packed my lunch back up. I looked up from my lunchbox and saw that Takashi had waited for me. "Thank you," I mumbled. I still wasn't comfortable to call him Takashi quite yet. He walked over with a smile and patted my head in reply. Another blush formed and I walked next to him on our way to our next class. We walked in silence, then Takashi grabbed my hand and held it as we made our way across the school.