Chapter Twenty-Three: The Twins Fight Part Two

-Next Day At School (Meara's POV)-
If yesterday was bad, then today was even worse. Not only did the twin's fight not ease, but it grew into an even bigger argument than it was before. By the time it was lunch, I realized that the twin's fight wouldn't stop very soon. Hikaru had dyed his hair pink, and Kaoru had his a blue color. I had originally sat down next to Haruhi to talk, but was moved out of the way by the twins. Before I knew what was going on, they both had started a full-on food fight and soon included other object such as chairs, a vase, some plates, a tea set, and even Honey and Tamaki! I felt my heart beat increase drastically and tears pricked at the corners of my eyes. By the time I realized I running away from the scene, I was already far away. Somehow I wound up in Music Room 3. My eyes darted around to find no one there and an old melody that my mother use to play when I got sad came to mind. My knees buckled and I dropped to the floor. My head rested against the wall and I licked my dry lips before I was able to get the melody out. "Let it all out, let it all out. You don't have to think your heart is made of steel. Come away now, from your own doubt," My voice sang as tears began streaming down my face, "Like a flower of hope that's growing in a field, you will heal." I sang until my throat was hoarse from raw emotions and my eyes had long since dried. I took in a couple of deep breaths and flinched when a hand touched my cheek. My eyes opened in surprise to meet the worried ones of Takashi. My eyes returned to normal size and Takashi brought my body closer to his. "You okay?" He asked. I nodded my head and buried my head into his shoulder. His hands rubbed my back in an effort to comfort me and he helped me to stand. "Don't worry, I'm sure they'll stop fighting soon," He said. I nodded meekly in return, not having the voice to respond just yet. His hand moved from my back to my chin. He pulled my head up to face his and drew me in for a gentle kiss that left me breathless. He pulled away momentarily and rested his forehead against mine. "Just try to relax okay? I'm sure they''ll settle things soon," He said. I nodded again and the bell rang, calling us to class.