Chapter Nine: Sick Day

-The Next Day (Meara's POV)-
I'm a bit happy that the trip is now over. Now it's back to our original schedule, I hope. I was walking down the hallway, heading to my second lass seeing that school has just begun not too long ago. I still feel weird about what happened between Mori and I before we left. To make matters even more awkward, we're in almost all the same classes. Luckily we sit on almost opposites sides of the classroom in all our shared periods except for one. 'I suppose we'll eventually forget about this whole incident pretty soon. But the question is, do I even want to?' I quickly shook my head of that thought. 'I shouldn't be thinking like that. I seriously doubt he meant it. If anything, he meant it in a brotherly way. Yeah, that's it.' I nodded and headed to my nest class. I sat down in my seat and remembered that this was the class in which I sat next to Mori in when he sat down. He smiled and nodded at me in greeting. I smiled weakly in return and gave a nod of my own before looking at the teacher as the lesson began.
-Lunch-
I was lucky enough to make it through my first four classes without much communication with Honey or Mori. Now the only problem will have to do with lunch. I walked out towards the garden area and looked for a nice quiet place to eat. I finally found one in a tiny alcove of the maze. I had just unpacked my lunch when I felt the familiar presence of the twins. I tilted my head a bit and waited for them to begin talking as I finished my lunch. They start within minutes. "So, can you guess which one is Hikaru?" The one on the left says. "And which is Kaoru?"The other finishes. It's then I notice they both have hats on. I turn fully around around and go to say something. "Yo-"I grasp my throat. Not expecting the pain that surfaced. 'Chiz! My sinuses are acting up again! Now I won't be able to talk or sing for the next couple of days.' "What? Cat got your tongue Meara-sempai?" I nodded and gulped, flinching in the process. The twins run away, abandoning me in the process. A minute or so later, the host club is running towards me. I look in confusion as they all start asking questions. One voice stood out to me. "Meara, does your throat hurt?" Mori asks. I blush and nod. My gaze shifts to my belongings and I notice a notebook. My eyes widen and I grab it and a pen. I quickly wrote down that my sinuses were causing me to have a really scratchy throat. I put it on the middle of the table and placed a hand on my neck, grimacing as I realized just how scratched my throat was. Mori finished reading and walked over to me. Tamaki started freaking out and Honey started crying. I walked over to Honey and patted his head. Kyoya handed me my notebook. "Seeing that you won't be able to do much, you can just head home." I it my lip then nodded. I flinched again, 'Great, now I have a massive headache.' "What's wrong Meara-chan?" Honey asked, drying his tears. I opened my notebook again and explained that my head was hurting. Next thing I knew, there was the back of a hand against my forehead. I followed it up to it's owner and found Mori in front of me again, worry in his eyes. He picked me up bridal style and looked at his cousin. Honey nodded and said, "Mori thinks Meara-chan has a fever. We're going to take her to the nurse." Tamaki then started crying and mumbled something about the neighbors taking away his daughter. The twins made fun of him for that while Kyoya took notes. Haruhi actually said, "Feel better soon," As we were leaving. I blushed from being carried by Mori but eventually just relaxed and laid my head against his chest. We arrived at the nurses office where my temperature was taken. " Oh dear, 103 degrees. You my dear are going home. Much too high for you to be in school. Drink something warm when you get home to get rid of that scratchy throat and maybe take some ibuprofen to get rid of the headache," The nurse advised. I nodded then my shoulders slumped. I grabbed my notebook from honey and wrote that no one was home. The nurse nodded her head and frowned. "I'll take her home," Mori said. My head snapped up and I stared at him surprised. Honey then cheered, "Yay! Good job Takashi! You make sure she gets better! I'll bring you both your homework when school is over." I silently laughed at Honey's cheeriness and then got up from the chair. Mori got up and lead me to my locker. I grabbed my bag and made sure I had everything I knew I needed so far in it. Then Mori reached over and took my school bag from me. When meet with my confused stare, he responded, "You're sick, you shouldn't be carrying anything." I rolled my eyes and started walking. I walked outside behind Mori and was lead to my car. I went to get into the drivers seat but Mori beat me to it. I handed him the keys and walked around to the passenger side. I got in and buckled my seat belt. Mori then pulled out of the school parking lot and took me home. He parked the car and took my stuff up to my apartment. "Go get into your pajamas. I'll bring you some medicine and hot chocolate," Mori said. I nodded and got changed into a pair of black yoga pants and a gray t-shirt. I laid down on the sofa-like bed on the bottom bunk. Moments later I heard a knock on the door. I opened it and smiled when I saw Mori holding a folding tray with a mug of hot chocolate, two pills, a notebook, and a pen. He smiled back and motioned back towards my resting place with his head. I laid back down and placed a blanket on top of me. He pulled a chair over from the desk and placed the folding try over my lap. I mouthed thank you to him as I put a pill on my tongue and took a gulp of my beverage. I repeated this procedure and drank from my mug. I started to feel sleepy soon. Mori must have noticed this because he carefully took the mug out of my hands and set it onto the tray before picking the tray up and quietly leaving the room. I curled up underneath my blanket and closed my eyes. As I heard the door click close, I fell asleep.
-Third POV-
After Mori left the room, he went into the kitchen and cleaned the mug and tray. After leaving them in the drainer he quietly checked on Meara. He smiled when he saw her curled up asleep and left a note on the first page of her notebook explaining he was going to pick up her younger sister Marie. He put the notebook down and moved a hair out of Meara's face. He looked at her innocent face and gave her a kiss on the forehead before heading out to pick up Marie from the bus stop. He got there no problem and Marie luckily recognized him. "Meara got sick today so I was taking care of her. I came to pick you up wile she was still asleep," Mori explained. Marie nodded and they drove back to the apartment in near silence. "Can you keep watching her? I'm heading to my friend's for a sleepover and I can't bail on them," Marie begged. Mori nodded. Marie said thanks and went to get her stuff. A couple of minutes later, her friend arrived and they left. Mori went back into Meara's room and saw her still asleep. His eyes softened as he looked at the sleeping girl, wondering why she made him feel this way. He walked back into the kitchen and made some soup for Meara. After the soup finished, he placed it onto the tray and carried it to her room. Meara woke to the smell of the soup and mouthed thank you at Mori again. Then, her face grew into one of confusion. She grabbed her notebook. Why does Honey call you Takashi? Isn't he the one who came up with your nickname? "He did, but he's family. You realize you can call me that too right?" Meara blushed at this. She opened her mouth and sighed. She flinched yet again, and the Mori decided to spoon feed her because the fever was starting to make her feel weak. She finished her dinner and got up to go to the upper bunk. She would've have fallen too if Mori wasn't there. He caught her quickly and held his arm around her waist. His arm retreated as she began to climb the ladder but he made sure she didn't fall. Mori looked over at the time and realized it would be too late to go home now. "Is it alright if I stay here for the night?" He asked. Meara wrote in her notebook, Yeah, my aunt has some clothes from my uncle in the hallway. They might be a little big, but they'll fit good enough. I'll wash your uniform in the morning though. "Don't worry, I'll wash it myself. You just go to sleep," Mori said before reaching up and ruffling her hair. Meara smiled and soon fell asleep again. Mori got changed in the shower and put his clothes in the washer. When they were done he put them in the dryer then went to bed as well. Before he fell asleep, he realized Honey never came to drop off their homework. He shrugged it off and adjusted Meara's hair again before laying down on the bottom bunk/sofa. He soon fell asleep smiling.