Chapter Twenty-Nine: None Of You Need To Apologise

-The Next Day (Meara's POV)-
I walked into school wondering what my mother had said to Takashi last night when I noticed a little blond person running towards me.
"Meer-chan!" Honey cheered as he latched onto me, Takashi walking towards us in Honey's wake.
I caught Honey and laughed as he rambled on about how nice my mom must have been. My eyes made contact with Takashi's and he smiled at my while Honey climbed down. While Honey raced over to go chat with the other hosts, Takashi came closer and kissed my forehead. My cheeks blushed sightly and I looked up at Takashi again as I debated whether or not to ask what my mom said last night.
"So what did my mom want to speak with you about?" I finally asked.
"She just wanted to know what my feelings for you were," Takashi said, a small blush making it self apparent as my own grew.
Takashi looked back down at me, and gave my forehead one final kiss before going to catch up with Honey. I held my hand to my forehead, wondering how my life had changed this much. Then, the bell rang and I realized that if I didn't get a move on, I would be late. I bolted for my first class and ran into a boy wearing a black cloak. I stood up hurriedly and picked my stuff up.
"Sorry!" I yelled over my shoulder as I raced to get to class.
I got there just in time. The bell rang one final time a second after I sat down. Takashi sent me a glance and I smiled back as the teacher called the class to attention.
-After School-
The last bell of the day rang and I started packing up my supplies. When I finished, I noticed that the hosts had gathered around me. I looked at them warily and Haruhi opened her mouth to speak, but Kyoya beat her to it.
"We came to apologize for any added stress we may have put on you, what with your mother and all. However, we hope that you will continue to preform for us," Kyoya said coolly, mostly thinking about profits as always.
"We're really sorry about you Mom Meara-senpai, " Haruhi said, trying to make up for the unsympathetic Kyoya.
I stared at all of them in shock, "None of you need to apologize. We knew it would happen eventually, and Kyoya no need to worry. I will preform when needed," I said with a smile.
"How can you act like that with your mom dying? Aren't you sad?" The twins asked.
My smile saddened a little bit, and Haruhi called the twins idiots and hit them on the head for saying such.
"To be completely honest, my heart feels as though it's being ripped from my chest due to this event. However, my mom wouldn't want me to cry over this. She always said she rather have people laughing than crying at her funeral and I intend to fulfill such dreams of hers," I said slowly.
Haruhi stopped and looked at me, "Your mom has a real nice way of looking at life, but all of this must be hard for you," she mumbled.
I nodded and Takashi put his hand on my head. The other hosts took that as a sign to leave and I stood up to face Takashi. His arms wrapped around me, and I rested my head on his chest. We stood like that for a while until he broke the silence.
"You know you can always count on me right?" Takashi asked.
I nodded and looked up at him. His face came closer to mine and our lips meet in a sweet kiss. We broke apart after a couple of seconds and Takashi gave me one final hug before letting go of me. I waved goodbye to him and left to get to my car. I picked up my sister and we went home.