Chapter Twelve: Attack Of The Lady Manager!

-After School (Meara's POV)-
I walked towards Music Room Three because I was performing today. I rolled my eyes at the traditional Japanese outfits they had on. Then inspiration hit and I unpacked a flute from the back. I quickly tuned and looked through the music I had with me. I smiled and then I heard the curtain shuffle, signalling that someone had entered the room. I looked up from my music and saw Haruhi with a kimono and and an umbrella. "Tamaki-senpai asked me to give you this. He says that since you're performing you have to wear an outfit as well," She explained. She left the kimono on the chair and the umbrella by the door. I got up and set my flute on my chair gently with the keys facing up to refrain them from getting damaged. I got changed in the kimono but left the umbrella where it was, knowing I wouldn't be able to hold it while playing the flute. I looked in the mirror and took my hair out of it's ponytail. "Meara-chan? You ready?" Honey asked cheerily. I smiled and looked at the curtain. "Yeah, I'm ready," I said back. The curtain opened and I saw Honey sitting on top of Takashi's shoulders. I smiled at Honey and then my eyes meet Takashi's. My face flushed a bit and I turned around to get my flute. "What are you going to play this time Meara-chan?" Honey asked. I looked back at him and said as calmly as I could try, "A o-old song my g-grandmother taught me when I was little. I thought it would fit well seeing that it's a traditional Japanese song." Honey smiled and so did Takashi. Honey jumped down from his cousin's shoulders and walked out, leaving the two of us alone. I looked down at the floor, unsure of what to say. I heard some shuffling and felt a hand on the top of my head. I looked up at Takashi curiously and heard him say, "Good luck," before he kissed my forehead and left. My blush darkened and I put a hand where he kissed me. I waited a few minutes for my blush to disappear before leaving the room. I sat down in a chair and waited for Kyoya to tell me to play. I was only waiting for a minute or so before he finally nodded and I lifted my flute to my face. I took a big breath before closing my eyes and bringing the memory of the notes to my mind. I let out the first note and began to play. (The song her grandmother taught her: )
-The last note-
The last note played and I opened my eyes. I heard clapping and felt eyes on me. I looked up and saw that most of the guests and all of the hosts were clapping and looking at me. My eyes were drawn to the tallest host and I saw him clapping as well. He was smiling softly in my direction and my face grew red. I hid behind my hair and the clapping resided. I got up from my seat and went quietly into the back to pack my flute up. I had just finished this task when I heard a girl yelling about someone being a phony. 'Tamaki, what have you've done now?' I walked back out in time to see a girl with brown hair embrace Kyoya around his waist saying how nice he is and how he cuddles kittens or whatever. I put a hand up to my mouth in an attempt to both hide my smile and stifle my laughter. Somehow Takashi noticed though and walked over to me. He hugged me from behind and rested his chin on my head. I stiffened a little but relaxed shortly. "You did good," Takashi said. "T-thanks,"I mumbled. I watched as Haruhi tried to explain to Renge that Kyoya wasn't who she thought her was. Poor Haruhi, Renge just exploded in her face! "I get it now, you're in love with that character.You're projecting that love onto me and somehow deluded yourself into thinking that we're engaged. I assume this Miyabi character probably wears glasses as well," Kyoya explained. I rolled my eyes and tuned out the rest of the conversation due to the fact that Takashi was still embracing me.
-The Next Day-
I sighed as I listened to Tamaki's idea about Renge being a good thing. The door opened and Renge appeared with a batch of cookies. Tamaki went to compliment her, but she immediately shot him down by calling him a phony prince again. I smiled at this and listened as she offered them to Kyoya. i turned my attention to Honey who had somehow gotten one. "Careful of what you say Honey," I mumbled under my breath as Honey commented on how burnt they are and Takashi tried to warn him not to eat it. I absolutely had to crack at least a small smile at the sight of Takashi running away from Renge with Honey in his arms. My attention was turned from that sight when Tamaki made an outburst. I looked over to see the twins smiling, Haruhi wiping her cheeks, and Tamaki freaking out. I shrugged my shoulders and I guessed I must have tuned out because next thing I know, everyone else was gone. I blinked my eyes a couple of times and stretched before getting up and leaving to get home. I walked outside and saw that Tamaki was drenched, the twins were in basketball uniforms, and Honey was hugging Haruhi saying something about being sorry. Then Renge exploded at him that she wanted to make things look tragic. Honey cried and ran over to me. I let him cry to calmed him down a little. "Hi Takashi" Honey mumbled. I felt a familiar pat on the head and turned to look at the person who did it. If you guessed Takashi, you are correct. I smiled confusedly up at him. "What's going on?" I asked. "Renge-chan wanted the host club to make a movie based on some darker sides she gave us," Honey sniffled. I pulled a tissue out of my pocket and handed it to him before standing up from my perch on the ground. 'Something's.... off. I better go explore.' I got up and ran around for a bit, trying to figure out what is causing me to feel this way. Then I see that Renge is trying to coax two guys from our school to join the movie. My eyes widen as I anticipate what's going to happen next. My guess came true and one of them pushed Renge into Haruhi. I stood behind Haruhi and was pushed into the ladder that was on the wall. 'At least no one else was hurt,' I thought as I winced. I saw Haruhi fall also and immediately cursed myself. 'Nevermind, but it looks like she isn't too badly hurt.' I was to absorbed in my own thoughts to realize that Tamaki had came and helped Haruhi. I did however realize that Renge was now asking the director if he got that on tape. I picked up a rock near me and threw it, knowing it would hit either the cameraman or the camera lens. I heard a crunch and decided it hit the lens. I didn't look up from my hands but heard Kyoya stand up to Renge and Haruhi comfort her. I rolled my eyes and noticed a pair of feet had came into view. I looked up and saw Takashi standing there with a somewhat worried look in his eyes. "I'm fine Takashi. Really," I said. He gave me a look that basically said he didn't believe me and I sighed. "Fine, I'll go to the nurse to get it checked out," I reluctantly agreed. He smiled and I tried to get up. I had just stood on my feet when I winced and nearly fell over. If it wasn't for Takashi being so close, I would've too. I felt pressure on my shoulders and behind my knees as Takashi picked me up and carried me to the nurse's office. We got there shortly and the nurse lead me behind a curtain to look at m back. She let out a breath, put some ointment on the forming bruise, and wrapped it up saying that it would hurt for the next couple of days. I nodded and fixed my clothing before walking back out. I gave Takashi a smile as he grabbed my hand and walked me to my car. 'I may not know exactly what Takashi and I are, but I have to admit that I'm a bit happy he's concerned for my well being. It's a comforting thought I suppose.'